1961 Columbia Firebolt with Bell Tank and Lights Video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Picking this sweet ride up in the morning.

In the meantime, check out the video that he posted of the Firebolt. Make sure you have your sound on, so you can hear how cool the tank bell sounds.
:arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdjRUfZq ... el&list=UL

3Ld3M93Jd5Nb5K85Mfcbi13c5f3dfb5e51404.jpg

3Gb3Kd3N35K75F15Hecbi400650c27865105f.jpg

3G63K93M45L25Ea5J2cbi8e41bfc9daa51be7.jpg

3E73Ke3F85Lf5Z05E7cbi4305f3e717cb1f58.jpg

3Gb3Ic3J55Kb5Fb5X2cbi222aef3a9a891792.jpg

3G53F13Ld5Ea5F85M3cbi22a23dd0469b1559.jpg

Re: 1961 Columbia Firebolt with Bell Tank and Lights

Very nice!! Dig'n the seat.

1918 Ranger

Just got back from picking up the Firebolt. Super cool seller. After talkng with him a while, he told me that he had another 1950s Columbia so I went to his shed and drove away with some Christmas treasures. Photos will follow.

In the meantime, check out the video that he posted of the Firebolt. Make sure you have your sound on, so you can hear how cool the tank bell sounds.

:arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdjRUfZq ... el&list=UL

The seller was very cool and had not heard of the site. I told him that the way he built up the Firebolt, it just looked like it was done by one of us. I think we may have a new member once he gets back from deployment and has time for bikes again.

You gotta love this part of his description of the bike.

"Look at the Great patina! this bike was intentionally stored near the California coast in order to obtain this look! the parts are not rusted through.. but it does carry plenty of surface rust!!! "

Here is part of my morning haul
1961 Columbia Firebolt on bottom
1950s Columbia tanker complete on top
New bike motor

WP_000771.jpg

WP_000770.jpg

1918 Ranger said:
You are EN FUEGO!!!

1918 Ranger

Everybody is waiting for Black Friday Deals. I feel like I have had Black Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,and Sunday Deals lately!!!

As if the complete Firebolt wasn't enough, that 1950 is sweet! Diggin' the tires on it, but I've got a bit of a tire fetish lately (it's a little embarrassing :oops: :roll: :mrgreen: )

Great finds buddy!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks Tank, I have definitely hit my Black Friday deals early this week. I still think it is very cool that this guy built this Firebolt and never saw our site! I told him that when I saw it, I thought it had to have been built by one of our guys!

Super cool guy. He also has a running 1947 Farmall Tractor for sale.

Here are some after work flash photos of the Firebolt.

IMG_8769.jpg

IMG_8770.jpg

IMG_8771.jpg

IMG_8772.jpg

IMG_8773.jpg

IMG_8774.jpg

IMG_8775.jpg

IMG_8776.jpg

IMG_8777.jpg

IMG_8778.jpg

IMG_8779.jpg

IMG_8780.jpg

IMG_8781.jpg

Its kind of funny, I have almost the same Columbia tanker as yours AND a Firebolt that will be getting a motor pretty soon 8) To me they just scream hot rod and need a motor slapped on there! Btw, the seat on the Firebolt looks to be the correct seat for the other Columbia. Here is my Current Columbia motor bike, if you have never ridden one they are tons of fun and you get lots of looks and thumbs up. :D

003.jpg

Bri-in-RI said:
Its kind of funny, I have almost the same Columbia tanker as yours AND a Firebolt that will be getting a motor pretty soon 8) To me they just scream hot rod and need a motor slapped on there! Btw, the seat on the Firebolt looks to be the correct seat for the other Columbia. Here is my Current Columbia motor bike, if you have never ridden one they are tons of fun and you get lots of looks and thumbs up. :D

Great motor bike there. I probably won't put the moter on the Firebolt, but I will pick one of my frames to try it out on. It's a brand new motor kit that was never hooked up. The coaster brake arm was removed when he installed the moter sprocket, so I'll have to work on replacing that.

It is pretty cool that we have similar bikes. You are right about the seat. He swapped them.

Just found this cool Christmas Firebolt ad.
Looks like the bell is a Bermuda chime. It's pretty loud and actually reminds me of an old cash register sound. CHA-CHING

021-2.jpg

Another great find, Kingfish!! :mrgreen:

Check out my '62 Firebolt in my signature :wink:

SR69, I think your Firebolt was the first one that I have ever seen. Super cool frames. But mine has the tank, does that make it "1" better too? :p

Latest posts

Back