1960 schwinn tornado

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i picked this up last year at the ann arbor show. i gave it to my brother, who didn't touch it, so i reclaimed it from him. it's one of the smoothest rides i've got. i've got a new set of tires and a 2 speed kickback waiting to go on when i get a chance. the wheels and fenders came from a donor hollywood that i found at a garage sale for $2. the owners grandson had jumped the bike and bent it so bad, the bb almost touched the ground. the rest of the parts i had lying around the garage. i was going to recover the saddle, but i kind of dig it as is. MM
P1020107.jpg

P1030787.jpg

P1030788.jpg

P1030789.jpg

P1030790.jpg

thanks to all. jimbo, i love thestraightbars. i have another 1959 that i am turning into a single speed bmx/klunker. i'll post pics of that when i get a chance. MM

Yeah, real sweet! The apes do look good... and nice paint work? Not done with rattle can, is it?

yep, it's a rattle job. the red in the first pic is 2 coats of housepaint. i took it all down by hand, and sprayed it in my backyard. i used a masking tape i had for building model cars, then i used the cheapest paint aco hardware had, flat black and white, $0.97 a can, and then a gloss clear coat over it.
it's actually the only bike i have with apes, and it's one of my faves. MM

Just found this through an image search trying to get ideas for my 1960 Tornado and I must say great minds think alike. First thing I did was add mini apes to mine.

Latest posts

Back