1955 Studebaker Rat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always liked the way the 50's Studebaker trucks seemed to look custom from the factory. This will be the first time I will make a car "my own", I have lucked into a few classic cars before and they are too nice to cut up. I bought this '55 Studebaker, because I fell in love with it. I saw it at a auction with a lot of "higher end" classic cars so I got it at a great price. I love the craftsmanship displayed on this forum, so I thought if you guys had any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Here are the pictures.

06b219ad.jpg

IMG_0008-1.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

Nice project you got there, I love the old Studebaker trucks. The curves in all the right places. It's a work of art.

I bought a donor car for "modern" brakes, power steering, and suspension. It is a 1989 Dodge Dakota and from center hub to center hub is only 1/2 off and from center tire to center tire was pretty much the same. I am gonna take the body off of the old frame and put it on the Dakota frame. Haha I got some funny looks at Walmart running around the parking lot measuring peoples trucks!!

inshane64 said:
I bought a donor car for "modern" brakes, power steering, and suspension. It is a 1989 Dodge Dakota and from center hub to center hub is only 1/2 off and from center tire to center tire was pretty much the same. I am gonna take the body off of the old frame and put it on the Dakota frame. Haha I got some funny looks at Walmart running around the parking lot measuring peoples trucks!!

:shock: I would have just gone to the junkyard. Got my measuring AND shopping done in one shot. :mrgreen:

I think that truck just needs a set of chrome hub caps. Change the fluids and drive!

Great truck and beautiful Ratina!
As parts guy said, new chromed hubs, white wall tires and that´s it!

Just remember when you buy parts at Autozone don't say it's a 1955 Studebaker. I had that problem when I bought brakes for my old international pickup with a 9" ford rear end...lol.

What are you going with for an engine and drive train?

Cool, those are hard to find as a nice original because everyone seems to take everything out and put Chevy parts to them and I hope you take pics inside the cab & engine too.

There is one around here that it's white paint looks good except for the tailgate.

Latest posts

Back