1951 CWC Roadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mocking up the front fender.
IMG_5384.JPG

The fender mounting hole on shockmaster fork is about two inches away to the rear from where it was on the blade fork. Now the fender sits closer to the ground on the back. I like that. But the headlight does not look parallel to the ground. I don't like that. Also the inverted fender strut looked way cooler on the picture then in reality. I think the bike is somehow more balanced when the strut is put the way it should be. I think i will put it back. I also was thinking of trying my other Delta light here, but when the fender is so low there may just be no space left for a classic long torpedo. Should i make another hole in the fender to mount it more towards the front? Now i also have a mount for another type of light on the fork.

@horsefarmer I like flipped struts too, but not sure it'd work for FrankenShelby. I hope you weren't planning on flipping the strut, it's a beaut as is. That truss would be fighting against the curve. I feel like it would cause a visual "pinch point"
@Starnger that fender fit looks PERFECT!

Final fitment photo of the bike!
IMG_5402.JPG

I have made an extra hole in the front fender in order to fit the torpedo Delta light on. Now this is the way i like it.
IMG_5403.JPG

Also done some small adjustments to the rear fender, it fits better now. Few last adjustments still left to be done, but i would do it after i take the bike apart.
IMG_5404.JPG

I already almost disassembled it to be taken to the paint shop. Some parts like fork springs and tank bolts probably need to be re-chromed, but i have luckily found someone who will do it for me for sane amount of money.

So beautiful! I like how you flipped the front fender brace. It looks Ike it should have cane that way.

So beautiful! I like how you flipped the front fender brace. It looks Ike it should have cane that way.
I would still play with it after painting to see which way i like more :) One thing is seeing it on visualization or imagining it, and the other is to actually put it on and compare.

I quite liked the flipped strut, to be honest always liked those struts, except for the front one (on the front fender) because it looks to me like it is in the opposite direction.
I would try to put the front fender rear strut in a way to replicate the angle of the rear fender strut. Then the front fender front strut to replicate the angle of the seatstays. I think this would make it really all work together. The fine tuning is the key to greatness :p

I quite liked the flipped strut, to be honest always liked those struts, except for the front one (on the front fender) because it looks to me like it is in the opposite direction.
I would try to put the front fender rear strut in a way to replicate the angle of the rear fender strut. Then the front fender front strut to replicate the angle of the seatstays. I think this would make it really all work together. The fine tuning is the key to greatness :p
That is actually a good idea. I have moved the rear fender a bit towards the rear yesterday. Now i am going to make a slot instead of the hole in the front one to move it towards the front a little more. That should do.

Yesterday i have spent some more time on fine fender position tuning and fixing the steel surface. They are in a good shape, but surely have few dents here and there. I have done what i can to make the work for the paint shop easier. Especially i have paid extra attention to redo the tips. Now where there were folds and dings there is nice curve and good surface.
IMG_5412.JPG

Final fitment photo of the bike!
View attachment 128313

I have made an extra hole in the front fender in order to fit the torpedo Delta light on. Now this is the way i like it.
View attachment 128314

Also done some small adjustments to the rear fender, it fits better now. Few last adjustments still left to be done, but i would do it after i take the bike apart.
View attachment 128315

I already almost disassembled it to be taken to the paint shop. Some parts like fork springs and tank bolts probably need to be re-chromed, but i have luckily found someone who will do it for me for sane amount of money.

This looks SO good!
Can’t wait to see it in final paint!

Build on brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After waiting for 3 month and claiming the package as lost, here it comes :D
Recieved a bunch of parts from Olevince at the CABE. Here is a bunch of part i got. Possibly going to use one of this stems on this build. And also more fun with hubs ahead! Never held Bendix in my hands before, let's see what it is like :)
IMG_5517.jpg

The paint is almost cleaned up. I think the bike would still need gentle media-blasting before painting, but still i wanted to brush it first to make sure it has no rusty or otherwise bad spots. It is actually in a great shape for its age, and i found no serious flaws.
View attachment 111709
Then i have straitened the bent on the fender mounting plate. It is still not ideal, but almost, so works for me :D
View attachment 111710

Here are the headset cups after being cut next to original ones i took off the frame. You can see by the color one of them got pretty hot while turning. Hardened steel is not easy to work with on the lathe we have at school.
View attachment 111711
Another cool thing is i won the tank on ebay today, so makes my parts wish list almost complete!
View attachment 111712
Now i only want to get a rear reflector or a cool rear lamp, original delta light for the front if possible, but i actually have a smaller torpedo style delta on the way, so it is not ultimately necessary. Maybe some fenders, but considering the prices for original ones it is unlikely i would have them :D It is around 80 bucks only for delivery!

What i absolutely do need to make or get are the tensioning bolts and the seat post. I am thinking of making a post myself out of 16mm stainless steel rod, so i won't have to worry about it getting rusty. I'd only need to cut it down to 15,8mm. Same goes for the bolts, i was thinking to find normal stainless bolts and cut them to look like originals. But then i understood, the bolts used in CWC are most likely not our normal M6 bolts sold on every corner here, i guess they might have some weird imperial thread size. Do you guys know?
I just carry the part into the hardware store and start digging through the drawers in the back

Latest posts

Back