• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1950 Schwinn DX frame ( only ) with headbadge $65 shipped

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
20160201_131449.jpg
20160201_131505.jpg
Straight frame has obvious repaint years ago..What you get is what you see..I MAY have kickstand,if I find it Ill gladly include it. Fork is bent so I didnt bother including it ..I will send it for an extra $5 to cover shipping if desired.. PM or email me at [email protected] w/questions..
Asking $65 shipped in the USA obo
20160201_131434.jpg

I believe the DX model has the curved bottom bar
Your frame is a straight bar .
very cool OG. Paint !

~Rafael~

Yeah, it's a straight bar.
Cool deal for someone to build!
GLWTS!

I believe the DX model has the curved bottom bar
Your frame is a straight bar .
very cool OG. Paint !
Whoops..yup didn't give it a ton of thought..sorry..
~Rafael~

Sale pending..

This whole set of nomenclature is sort of just a revisionist history thing. The "DX" frames are so-named b/c, usually, in the catalog they were labeled with the letter "d", a few digits, and then the letter "X"... eg, the D97X. In 1950, however, the frames where both the top- and mid-tube were curved (which Schwinn ppl almost universally call "DX") was called the D-13. (No "X," that year.) In 1950, the frames we call "Straightbars" came in a feature-laden "D-19" and a stripped-out, entry-level "D-12". Later "straightbars" tended to have real names (eg, "Hornet") instead of the alphanumeric names. Basically, Schwinn made a couple frames, and offered most frame styles with different components, to create different models with their own unique spec, names, prices, and (sometimes) paintjobs.

Here's a good resource for trying to sort this stuff out; just remember that not every model is represented in the catalog, that spec would sometimes change between what was listed in the catalog and what the dealer received, and that some of these frames may have been made one year, but actually built and released the next... http://schwinncruisers.com/catalogs/

Sorry if this disrupted your F/S thread, but this thing is such a hott deal, it sold in a few hours... so i don't feel too bad about it... :crazy2:

Last edited:
SOLD! THANK you..

Latest posts

Back