1948? Trophy Military inspired build...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was told by the guy who sold this bike to me that it was a 1948 Trophy. I wasn't even sure it was a bike as there was so much house paint covering everything on the bike including spokes, cups, pedals, you name it. Sure enough after a few days and a couple hundred gallons of elbow grease I knocked it down to a bicycle. I have all the original parts to the bike but really only used the frame and tank. Pretty much everything else came from parts I bought here on the forum including the badge I designed and had Terry over at Jones and Sons make me, the wheels from Ind-Chuck, the springer and chain guard from (I forgot) as well as other various parts. Thanks RRBers. That's why I love this place. Anyway I sprayed it with Military grade olive flat green, Sprayed the tank graphics which I designed after the badge to keep the theme going. I used a grenade for a LED tail light and a Swiss pilots vest light for the headlight which I converted to LED and utilized the original switch. It has a black-out slide that only allows a small stream of light to illuminate the ground right at the front tire. I was going to tool a leather seat for it but the metal pan just screams government built military to me so I left it. I do have some various military bags and such but didn't want it too cluttered with sy=tuff as I promised myself it would be "military/hot rod".

1948_Trophy_1.jpg

1948_Trophy_10.jpg

1948_Trophy_12.jpg

1948_Trophy_19.jpg

1948_Trophy_24.jpg

1948_Trophy_29.jpg

1948_Trophy_8.jpg

1948_Trophy_32.jpg

battlerejpg.jpg

The drawing from which the badge was made.

Man Jason...this thing is INSANELY COOL! :shock:

What are ya trying to do...reserve more advertising spots. :mrgreen:

Thanks!! The seat is just a random seat I aquired. I have not seen anther just like it so I really have no idea what make/year it is or even what bike might have come with one.

truksnboats said:
Wow! I love it man, great job. What kind of seat is that? Im looking for something like yours.

thats a really sweet military build! 8) people tend to go overboard with accessories on theme builds,but you hit a nice balance with this one. love those chainguards too! i sure the heck wont be using one of those for the buildoff! :roll:

Latest posts

Back