1945 CWC Roadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I'm a little upset with myself for not doing better research, but the chainguard I bought is NOT right. I'm not sure if someone has a line on the correct chainguard for this bike or if someone can tell me what year the one I have SHOULD fit, I'd GREATLY appreciate it...

That being said, I'm almost done striping the front of the frame, and seriously considering adding some to the rear triangle... Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received another goodie!!! Once again, not original equipment, but I REALLY like the design of this stem...

8d5bda919d9f425e7b23ca1427391811.jpg

56cae1e9ce27b64a70d09e61eae70144.jpg

bcfc6449a3d88608c1ec450dd7122ca6.jpg

I plan on polishing it up and painting the recessed bits with the Ivory 1shot!

Great work on the stripes!

I would check that the stem tightens down properly before you spend much time on it, looks like it has been stretched in the clamp area a little. Awesome stem though, really hope it works!

Luke.

Great work on the stripes!

I would check that the stem tightens down properly before you spend much time on it, looks like it has been stretched in the clamp area a little. Awesome stem though, really hope it works!

Luke.

Thanks for the heads-up LTJ... I had noticed that... I haven't decided on bars yet, but when I do I'll keep that in mind. Possibly spreading it and shimming would take care of it. Time will tell!

Welll...nice to see your project! ;)

It looks awesome....can't wait to see more!
Such a steady hand you have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

i'm digging this build up.
i wish i could help you; i've got a bike like that, but it's missing the chaingaurd:(

I did have some pitfalls though... Tried to string up the chain... ONE link short... And while rebuilding the front wheel had three stripped out nipples. The stem was in fact a little... Out of whack. I really had to crank down on the pinch bolt and it still moved a hair during my first ride (I'm gonna use a thin shim I think eventually.) And finally, I ordered a fancy-schmancy coaster brake arm strap thingy... But it hasn't arrived. Other than that... Rides like a CADDY!

Oh yeah, still waiting for the correct chainguard to arrive and I'm going to change the grips... But other than that I think she's finished!

Latest posts

Back