1941 Wards Hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys,I have taken the All American apart,now ready to get new aluminum rims,stainless steel spokes,leave the fenders and rack off,put 18" apehangers on,and it will be my "Coffee Shop Hopper"!

Ummmmm, in my humble opinion, you should keep it classic and together. (Another one bites the dust?)

Okay then, I'll take the rims and hubs?? Please? I need them for another project??

The hubs are staying on the bike,am not giving up a "New Departure" 2 speed hub!..........The rims,am keeping them also,as I want to be able to put it back,if needed to............As for another one bites the dust,it's gonna be ridden and this site is all about riding old bicycles! I ride my 56 Schwinn Corvette,{13"apes,Jag tank,Nexus 3 speed coaster brake & newspaper basket} everyday to work & play. I put about 75 to 100 miles a week on bicycle,have had the 56 since 1983,ridden real hard for years. Now I cruise,broken too many bones!

Sorry, its your bike. I'll keep my opinions to myself. I actually do like some of the cross overs I've seen here.

How much do you ride,around the block, around the neighborhood?................. As for buying only American made products,can't do,I own 3 Norton motorcycles. With that in mind,I have come to realize,that when I buy else where,I'm still putting money in the people who live in this country,thru the shipping,if it's from a dealer here,etc,etc. We export and to do that,we have to import!.......As for my 3 speed Nexus,love it,helps me be able to pedal that heavy ... Schwinn,have only had it for a month,but has made my life so much easier. I carry tools,today,got to take ladders to my side job................I take things apart,to clean,lube the bearings. While apart,if I want to mix this with that,why not,take a good look at the motorcycle world. I have put Norton engines in other frames,custom and early Norton frames. Why,cause I can!

I guess I'm just stuck in the past on American bicycles. I apologize. I have played around with old 356 Porsches for years, and old BMW motorcycles. It is the mass produced stuff that I have an aversion to. I DO like how the guy here has taken old frames and put modern stuff on them, including modern bottom brackets (how do you do that?) I meant no disrespect At All. Okay. So do your thing and post your creations.

I will soon,just got out of prison,a year ago. So it's been hard to get things going,but,got a little money and bought some good things,bicycle stuff,carpentry tools,ladders,camera,etc! am clean and sober,for 5 years now,went to prison clean. I do have pics of my Norton motorcycles,but this is a bicycle site...................The Hawthorne is my next project and can't wait to ride it!

194120hawthorne20american20blue1.jpg

194120hawthorne20american20blue2.jpg

194120hawthorne20american20blue3.jpg

Congrats man. I've been looking for an All American for five years now. It's one of my two dream bikes. The other, a Firestone Super Cruiser, fell into my lap last week while I was digging around in my dad's old barn. You never know what you're going to find. Hope you enjoy it.

That is really cool looking! .............Do you know where there is a All American tank,for mine! Even if I'm gonna make it a "Coffee Shop Hopper"! lol

Phil,

Ever seen this era of Hawthorne with a Cleveland Welding frame and Snyder Springer on it? I have a '41 Comet that to my knowledge is original as it sits. It's the CWC frame and Comet tank with a Snyder springer and stem.

Sorry for posting in the thread.....just the same era of bike.

Thanks

I need help identifying a Montgomery ward Hawthorne era and build.
thanks

DSCN1317.jpg

A view from the rear, it has an old, cool glass Autolite reflector on the back.
What will it take for me to get the fenders and rear rack? I need these for they are broken on mine which is about the same design. I'll take the whole bike if plausible.

Latest posts

Back