1940? elgin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally got it
elgin001.jpg
elgin003.jpg

I think yours may be a '38 or '39, but Phil may know better. The paint scheme looks like my '36 Westfield built Elgin Motorbike. My bike has the same headbadge. Post up the serial! I am sure you can get it nailed down.

Joe

Beautiful. It would look PERFECT with some black w/ white pinstripe ballooner wheels...

Agreed. Probably Murray built. I had a 37 Mercury that i still have the fork for and it is exactly the same as yours. However, i also have a Girls Westfield bike with that same fork, so.......

Cool looking bike. I like the details: the painted (decal?) hash marks, the little flip-up on the chainguard, the stem looks like it has some cool detail, and are the rims paint-matched to the headbadge?

i was told that elgin put that chainguard on bikes for only the spring/summer of 1939. but i dont know. thanks for all the help guys i apreciate it. If i was to sell this bike, what would a fair asking price be?

this bike is now for sale not sure what to list it for can you guys help me with what its worth?

Latest posts

Back