1937 Huffman Super Streamline

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, here's what I've been up to.
since I bought my Firestone Streamline I have been thinking how cool it would be to have one of the Huffman versions with the curved rear end. at the time they were supposed to be unobtainable. some experts even went so far as to say that they never made them. so I hatched a plan to make my own. I was half way there with the Firestone to go by. I went all the way to Michigan to make patterns off of a girls bike but never got around to doing much with them. I did eventually track down an original bike, but ended up having to sell it. about a year later I ran across another one on ebay that had been motorized many years ago. it was rough but a real SS! I did the necessary repairs to the frame and got her going again but still, the interest in building my own was there. I just wanted to prove that it could be done. so using the original frame as a pattern, I have just finished this project. please let me know what you think.

Here's the original frame when I got it

1_28129~0.jpg

here it is after removing all the really wrong stuff.

img_3367.jpg

Here it is after a few repairs.

P1030518.JPG

now on to the new project.

Here's the bike I started with.

img_3885.jpg

Here's the first mock up. just tacked together.

P1030565.JPG

P1030567.JPG

and finally here are a couple photos from yesterday all the welding and brazing is done on both frames. can you guess which one is the real one?
P1030756.JPG

P1030793.JPG

beautiful job of re-creating a rare classic! 8) i always thought the gender re-assigned frames that you built in the past were top notch. i downloaded the pics of the butchered streamliner off of ebay, to my bike files as a reminder of what "not to do" to a classic bike! :lol:

If you were selling these I think I might have to buy one.

Latest posts

Back