1936 elgin MOVED TO THE GALLERY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1936 elgin and yet another color

i think the mono-chromatic look is good! just need to repaint the truss rods black and put some more blacked-out stuff, like bars and crank or somethin. :mrgreen: just my $.02

Re: 1936 elgin I found the color combo yahoo

Well right now I have about every color there is maddog. the people at Ace Hardware think I have lost my mind. 10 cans to paint one bike and all differant colors.

That last color scheme is it for sure- the truss rods look out of place in that aqua blue color I think but other than that it's perfect.

Just repainted them ....ahh ha ha ha my secret accent color. Man it looks good . I will post it tomorrow when I get some of it painted. Im thinking this is going to turn out kick but. May make all the work worth it. :lol: :lol: :lol: The bad thing is I'm copying my most favorite bike on the whole site....Its a shame he has more talent than me. Oh well.

This one will take a while for the details . I have found out if you just stick a seat on it then it will look like crap . Gotta find a tan seat. maybe wallyworld. they had some pretty good ones that everybody was buying. If not ,its to the leather place.
Oh and maddog I know the suspense is killing you but i just stuck a couple things on it and man even I'm impressed. Gonna be killer.well worth the wait he he

Oh and thanks everybody for your support and ideas on this one. I appreciate it.

Aw what the heck for all those who helped through 6 pages of madness ,here is the direction I'm going with the accents. There will be several things this color and hopefully it will tie it all together.

copperelgin002.jpg

Re: 1936 elgin With new accent color added

AHHH just got done with dinner bbq ribs off the grill got up to 62 degrees today woohoo any ran back in here to see whats up with the color, looks great what is that color anyway i think i wanna paint my SCHWINN that color.

Man ribs sounds good. I had bbq chicken ...not bad ,but not ribs. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow! I didn't look for a day and what a change! The new color is really different and will set that bike apart from all others. That Elgin is looking better with every pick....nice choice on the copper.

Hey thanks ...Its been a busy day . Lots of changes in everything. Feel like I worked at Indy for a day and they also had a paint shop . :wink:
That kinda went nuts ,but I was determined to get something I liked out of it. Glad you like it.

Thanks ,but I'm going to try to find one local . Need one fairly quick. The last one is a good deal.

Well while trying to juggle taking my sick dog to the vet and all the waiting around there wasnt much time for bike building today. I did get another seat post bent and came up with some copper tubing fittings for grips on the bars I picked out. I still have to come up with a seat and shifter for the 3 speed. I have the shifter ,but dont really want it on the bars. I dont change gears that much and a little inconvience for the sake of beautification is worth it. so enjoy

coppergrips006.jpg

coppergrips001.jpg

Lookin good!

Did you paint the rear sprocket copper too?

I think a black seat might look good on this one

Re: 1936 elgin new copper grips pics today

Yeah I took it off last night and sprayed it too. I just hope I dont get it too junked up with the copper color. I'm pretty much thinking the seat will have to be tan to match the wheels. I think black would come off as too strong a color.

coppergrips005.jpg

Latest posts

Back