1935 Schwinn The World straightbar rebuild

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20120315_192849.jpg

20120315_192909.jpg

garagegoon said:
Did you do your paintwork? What colors are those? I dig the color combo... 8)
I did the paint/powder coat. The dark green is Mirror Green powder from Eastwood and the light green is Gloss Fern Rustoleum rattle can from lowes. I was going to go with Orange pinstripes but now after getting my "The World" decal put on I decided to go with red.

aka_locojoe said:
Great pics.
Thanks I have a couple more from down by the river that I'll upload later. Plus I'm sure after the parade tomorrow I'll get to take some more with the rest of my decals on and the ugly head/tail lights off of it

very nice.
Kenny

I saw the first post of this build and somehow missed the rest of it? That is one sweet looking bike and a nice restoration.

How did you mask off the darts when you painted them? I saw you got some stencils. How did you use those ? I've been trying to get someone to do a show and tell on painting darts but so far no.

Stingrat said:
this thing is great, love the colors, awesome job.
jackdaw said:
I saw the first post of this build and somehow missed the rest of it? That is one sweet looking ice restoi.

How did you mask off the darts when you painted them? I saw you got some stencils. How did you use those ? I've been trying to get someone to do a show and tell on painting darts but so far no.
Thank you. The stencils i ordered are actually for a phantom but reversed for powder coated frames. Usually your suppose to paint the front color then mask off and paint the back. I'm getting ready to restore another straight bar for my dad and this time I'll post pics of putting the pencils on.

Latest posts

Back