1935 Hawthorne!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not exceptionally fresh, had it about a month, but just got around to taking pics! I was doing a job, replacing a shower floor in an early 60s ranch. the owner was a neat old guy, bought the place new, fought in WWII and Korea! I noticed the bike out of the corner of my eye, sitting in the garage. At first, I figured it was just another 70s Huffy or something, being that color. But then a few things registered, U bars, long headtube, DROPSTAND!!! :shock: I looked closer, saw the MW badge. The old man said they'd bought it for his wife years ago for $100. I knew I didn't have two cents for a bike, or any other non essential item. But, at the end of the job, he offered extra $, since the job was a bit more involved than we expected (aren't they all) So, I said how about taking a hundered off that, and give me the bike? he was happy to have it out of the way. Looks to be a 1935 Dolly Varden model, the only year for that badge. Obviously it was redone, fairly nice paint job actually, chrome painted silver though. I don't know if the triple stepdown rims are og, Ward's catalog page spec's drop centers, and the rack may well be added. Aside from a replaced stem, and Schwinn pedals, seems og otherwise, snowflake chainring, enclosed guard. My first fresh find in a couple years! -Adam
guitars1112029.jpg

guitars1112030.jpg

guitars1112031.jpg

guitars1112032.jpg

Love that guard.
It's also cool that you can see the fender skirt holes in the shadow. Looks like it must have had those rubber band like fender skirts they still use over in Europe.
Nice score.

Latest posts

Back