1930's something

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9395.JPG
IMG_9396.JPG
IMG_9397.JPG
IMG_9398.JPG
IMG_9399.JPG
IMG_9400.JPG
IMG_9401.JPG
IMG_9404.JPG
IMG_9406.JPG
IMG_9407.JPG
I just picked this up, and i know nothing about it. Any info appreciated ed and maybe a rough value

Guaranty Cycle was a distributer of Schwinn bicycles. I have been told they later became Murray, but I don't know if that's right. Sorry, I don't have any useful links or other info.

IMG_9409.PNG
I found a photo of a headbadge that looks to be right for it. But it sold many years ago. May help

It looks like an Iver Johnson to me. I'm under the impression that there were shops that did repairs to used cycles, repainted them and then stuck their own badge/decal on them.

I have a 1912 Iver Johnson and that definitely looks like a later Iver than mine. The frame construction, the seat stays, serial number format and location, the nickel head tube would match, the fork, the rear drop outs (with different tensioners), the lower head set (can't tell with the top), and the cranks (not as sure about the similar, but not-quite-the-same chainring, though later Ivers might have had those snowflake variations) all look IJ. There's so much variability in value, I would have no idea. From what I can gather, my very original and good condition Model 90 truss frame Special Racer is worth somewhere between 1200 and $2000.

They are well made and great riding bikes.

upload_2016-12-2_23-25-35.png

I have a 1912 Iver Johnson and that definitely looks like a later Iver than mine. The frame construction, the seat stays, serial number format and location, the nickel head tube would match, the fork, the rear drop outs (with different tensioners), the lower head set (can't tell with the top), and the cranks (not as sure about the similar, but not-quite-the-same chainring, though later Ivers might have had those snowflake variations) all look IJ. There's so much variability in value, I would have no idea. From what I can gather, my very original and good condition Model 90 truss frame Special Racer is worth somewhere between 1200 and $2000.

They are well made and great riding bikes.

View attachment 39889
Beautiful bike, i ended up trading it last night. I recieved a 1954 rollfast all original except tires and seat. I think it was about even for a trade

Attachments

• IMG_9469.JPG
    IMG_9469.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 134

Latest posts

Back