• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1920s Columbia Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 15387

Inactive Account
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
1920s Columbia motobike project. I meant to build this bike, but ended up building up a different one... So I'm selling this project. I'm not going to get to it anytime soon.

Steinfeld, NY Columbia badge, frame for 28 inch wheels. Frame is a medium frame- good for an adult rider. Bike was painted over at one time and most of the overpaint stripped back off. Oddly, some of the decals survived really well. Bike is red-ish with blue darts and remnants of blue fender stripes. Front fender a little nicer than the back generally.

Comes with a really nice set of Columbia aluminum pedals, complete with original rubber blocks. They're in decent shape. Bottom bracket is a keyed Columbia-type with skip tooth chainring. Also comes with a neat 1943 Boise license plate and a bell that needs repair.

Also has the caracass of a long spring saddle.

Project needs wheels, chain, and all bearings (no bearings come with this project-- all totally shot; have to supply your own).

It's not perfect but it's solid and a good start at a neat motobike project, including some very high cachet pedals.

$375 shipped in the lower 48 states.

full
full
full
full
full

Are the bearing races ok?

They're somewhat worn and could use a cleaning, but look like they'll work with some fresh bearings and grease.

20160815_190804_zps5sjxjwpm.jpg

20160815_190746_zps76m0r9pa.jpg

20160815_190734_zpsepcpmsd9.jpg

20160815_190717_zps2vvmw1od.jpg

It looks like a C-series serial number, so 1925 from the look of it.

20160813_213029_zpsts9wn2ng.jpg

Looks like a great project to me. Nice colors, too.

The red is sort of a common color, but the really light blue is unusual. Usually they appear with an off-white trim, but this is a sky blue color. It's interesting.

Latest posts

Back