1912 Indian inspired Board Track racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there,

it's been awhile since my last bike, this one took about six months of tinkering. Built the frame from scratch, no second hand materials in this frame. just about everything on this bike has been hand fabricated or modified. Might paint it yet, but, I like the raw look it has now.

The motor is a "80"cc it has been ported and had the head shaved, with custom inlet manifold and exhaust.

'Hillbilly' Steve

side-on.jpg

front.jpg

lh-34.jpg

rh-34.jpg

bottom-bracket.jpg

Steve, Thats awesome! Have you thought about adding a fake oil hand pump? For my motorized bike I'm planing a fake hand pump on the left side of the tank and rigging it up for the clutch control cable. Pull it up to disengage the clutch and let it go to engage the clutch. An idea I thought I'd share. Your Moto is fantastic.
Sean

WOW, this thing is just unbelievable! It's perfect, amazing work! You absolutely nailed the boardtracker look, this has got to be one of the best boardtrack replica's I've ever seen. :shock: The creme and red look killer together.

Nice work on the construction of the frame- the brazing is very clean. Nothing is lugged, correct? Was everything just butted up and fillet brazed?

thats one sweet build.

so what was it about the 1912 that took your fancey?
i used the same year as the inspiration to my build. i haven't been able to put my finger on it, but theres something about the 1912 indian thats so much cooler than all the rest!
DoneC_0076.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

Wowwww...that is awesome, HillBilly! Nice job!

is the intake on the black one a tooth brush holder... just askin! :wink:

jon said:
is the intake on the black one a tooth brush holder... just askin! :wink:

$5 from wall mart. :)
IMG_0942-1.jpg

i used a piece scotch bright pad for the filter itself.

Wow! looks great! I' just started my similar project a couple weeks back. It's starting life as a 48" schwinn DX, I think I'm gonna stretch the frame 4 or 5 inches. I love your exhaust. is that custom or bought? What did you use for the rear hub / sprocket ? I'm unhappy with what was supplied with my engine kit. Thanks!
Here's a couple pics I took with my phone last week. Mocked up cardboard gas and oil tanks. sorry... better pics coming soon.

bikecool002.jpg

bikecool001.jpg

Hill Billy, you are an inspiration and an artist is a very real way. Thank you so much for sharing your gift with us.

Latest posts

Back