09 GT Avalanche All Terra Disc 26'er

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got this bad boy all sorted out. Bought it neglected and needing a BUNCH of work, picked it up cheap. Great frame with integrated headset and Tektro mechanical disk brakes and nice straight double wall Alex wheels, replaced a lot of parts on this thing and could never get the rear derailleur to shift correctly, finally found that the rear derailleur hanger was twisted. I straightened it perfectly and now it shifts fast and smooth. Really glad I took the time to make this bike nice again, super fun to ride, going to be my all around trail bike. Bike cleaned up like new and rides even better. Here is a list of all the parts I have replaced,...

New Tires and tubes, Kenda Tomac Nevegal, 2.35 front 2.10 rear
New Rear Derailleur, Shimano Altus
New Easton Monkey Bars 40mm rise with stem
Shimano Bottom Bracket
Crankset, Shimano STX
New rear shift cable
Specialized Phenom seat
New Redline Platform Pedals
New Raceface locking grips
New SR XCT disk fork

Last edited:
Finally got this bad boy all sorted out. Bought it neglected and needing a BUNCH of work, picked it up cheap. Great frame with integrated headset and Tektro mechanical disk brakes and nice straight double wall Alex wheels, replaced a lot of parts on this thing and could never get the rear derailleur to shift correctly, finally found that the rear derailleur hanger was twisted. I straightened it perfectly and now it shifts fast and smooth. Really glad I took the time to make this bike nice again, super fun to ride, going to be my all around trail bike. Bike cleaned up like new and rides even better. Here is a list of all the parts I have replaced,...

New Tires and tubes, Kenda Tomac Nevegal, 2.35 front 2.10 rear
New Rear Derailleur, Shimano Altus
New Easton Monkey Bars 40mm rise with stem
Shimano Bottom Bracket
Crankset, Shimano STX
New rear shift cable
Specialized Phenom seat
New Redline Platform Pedals
New Raceface locking grips
New SR XCT disk fork

Real, real nice, wish it were mine.

Thanks man.