☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker - DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker - Finished with a snag pg 16

jats said:
:( sorry to hear this hopefully the repair will go well :!: :!: :!: :!:

It's a pretty straight forwards repair, just sucks that I'm going to burn up some shiny paint.

At least the welding will be is a slightly unseen area. Does the set tube go down far enough that it scrapes the crank?

kingfish254 said:
At least the welding will be is a slightly unseen area. Does the set tube go down far enough that it scrapes the crank?

No, It's maybe 1/2" or less, and it sticks in the up position so it "pops" when it goes down. I am going to use my Dremel tool to grind the paint close to the joint, then wrap everything up in wet cold cloth while I weld, then mask and do a contrasting black over the weld. Just all would have been easier BEFORE all the paint work.

It's looking slick by the way! I like the extended forks.

dracothered said:
Gold Street Customs said:
Bummer is correct, but you shall over come... We have the technology we can rebuild him, faster, strong, better than before.
:lol:

Besides my setback... what do y'all think? You are looking at the finished bike.

yoothgeye said:
Besides my setback... what do y'all think? You are looking at the finished bike.
I love it!! the paint is cool the stance is awesome! and the 2 tone chain is WOW ! your black touch up will work also!!

Troy

If someone in the youth group haven't already decided they want it, they after seeing the final result.

That urban camo is pretty big over here on cars and vans is a bike with it would be right ín'.

Great job on the test ride, that is what they are for those small engineering difficulties that otherwise would become bigger ones with time.

yoothgeye said:
What bike? Can't see it, must be camouflaged. :mrgreen:
null-71.jpg

I just noticed the two color chain! Super cool.

I THINK IT'S SWEEEET!!! GO WORK YOOTH!!

I think you should start over on your chain and have ever 3rd link black and every fourth link light gray, and every fifth link white, and every seventh link dark gray. Just sayin. :p

kingfish254 said:
I think you should start over on your chain and have ever 3rd link black and every fourth link light gray, and every fifth link white, and every seventh link dark gray. Just sayin. :p

I actually pulled out white, black, and grey chain with the intent of making a "camo" chain, but once I attached the black and white I thought it worked.

LukeTheJoker said:
Love it Yooth! Looks great and a little more black behind the chainring wont look out of place!

Luke.

If you remember when I painted the bike I did the head tube, the seat tube, the top tubes, the chain stays and the seat stays, but I didn't take the time to do the BB because I didn't think it needed anything, I'm glad I did that, because now I'm only "messing up" the plain white part.

Looks awesome Yooth!

:mrgreen:

Looks NICE! :D

The only thing I would change is the green grips to black grips, but that is just me :idea:

Latest posts

Back