☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker - DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker - New Stuff page 13

that paint is so da,n cool! great work, I can only imagine the tedious taping and painting.

Re: ☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker -Army had a half day. pg 12

yoothgeye said:
Funkme said:
Cool, I'm glad I'm not the only one,mine was a rear wheel :wink:
Wheel of Shame. :oops:

Mine came out super wobbly before I started truing and I knew my rim was straight. Turns out because of the offset of the hub for the disk brake it had 2 slightly different length spokes. So I took it apart, separated the spokes and went again.

Same here,some spokes came out longer,and still do...So I thought jus go ahead and true it,Seems straight now...A very small twitch... But some spokes need trimming down...

Peatbog said:
You and Funkme should get together. You would have two sets of wheels built by now...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good plan, but there's at least 1 ocean in between us.

You have a slight ........................................................................................lead on getting yours built but its looking real good, hopefully I can get some progress in real soon. :mrgreen:

Good going man. Keep it up!!

Looking good!

Thanks everyone. I worked for a few hours on Saturday building my fork, it was all one fail after another. There is nobody in this town (that I know of, and I've been asking around) that can bend a tight radius in 3/4" tubing, so I made a jig, added heat and slowly bent it, but it's never even. Now I'm going a different direction, but still trying to build the same thing.

I made this drawing before the build-off started and showed it to a few people. It's a monarch style springer with 2 side by side springs in front of the head tube, but I want to make it "long travel" by making the "front" fork travel up and down independent of the rear fork by not using rockers. If you study the drawing you will see that I drew it wrong and there would actually be NO travel, but that's just a flaw in the drawing.

biker_zpsad85e845.jpg

You can definitely increase possible travel by eliminating rocker limits that way (assuming you don't do it backwards like that on the actual bike of course :p ). I don't see how that makes it independent of the fork though. :?

deorman said:
I don't see how that makes it independent of the fork though. :?

I knew m wording was incorrect when I typed that, I was just trying to explain the lack of rockers and that the wheel would be mounted to the front fork alone.

Peatbog said:
It would take more work and it would be annoying, but you could make your bend with solid rod and then weld the downtubes to that.

I was trying to make it one continuous piece of tubing, but since I can't, welding is in order. I think I will make the front part out of a different fork, simple(ish), though someone local suggested (before I gave up on bending my own) that I use the bend from a piece of a road drop handlebar and just weld fork legs to it...

If that fence is near you, I can send you a hack saw.

Thanks... I could really use a sparkly trophy, I've only ever gotten 1 trophy in my life.

null-62.jpg

I dig the digital camo paint. And I'm totally going to steal your spoke- nipple driver tool idea.

One can never have too many chainrings. Obsessive compulsive??? I'm jealous, sprocket envy I guess.

LowpowerD said:
I dig the digital camo paint. And I'm totally going to steal your spoke- nipple driver tool idea.

Please do copy that idea, there is a company that sells a similar tool (Not Park Tool or it would be affordable and worth buying) but the thing is $40! Just went to Lowe's yesterday and in mine at least they have all the Greenlee tools on clearance, so those speed drivers are even cheaper.

MazdaFlyer said:
One can never have too many chainrings. Obsessive compulsive??? I'm jealous, sprocket envy I guess.

That picture helped me sell a few chainrings, but since then I've already replaced them with more. :mrgreen:

Thanks Yoothgeye,i saw your paint job and went to work with the decals,love the Digi-cam look, :idea:

h92678C98

primestyle said:
Thanks Yoothgeye,i saw your paint job and went to work with the decals,love the Digi-cam look, :idea:

Thanks Primestyle, your paint will look sweet! I like how the pattern crosses on the seat tube, looks almost like a plaid! :D

Hey guys, I'm with my youth group on a mission trip in Savannah, GA through Saturday. Last week we had Vacation Bible School every night of the week, so I'm in a holding pattern.

Latest posts

Back