☆★☆BIG JIM☆★☆ BUILD THREAD RRB-BO#8 A.G. 2013 (1ST PLACE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The line of smiles is because I met up with Luke this afternoon and got to see and ride BIG JIM.

Pictures don't do it justice. It is huuuuuge and just so cool. I took a few shots and will start a new thread in the regular Bike Talk section.

Still working on plans for this badboy, we are in the process of changing our rooms around here at home, so that the bikes can come straight in the front door and be parked up inside out of the weather, until that time, it will be staying disassembled in the trailer out of the weather, and when it is inside it can be rolled in and out of the door when it comes time to work on it.

There are a few changes I want to make before the issue of paint comes up, a cosmetic change to the forks at the top to give them a more finished look is high on that list, a brake improvement of some description and then onto paint...

Thinking about bare metal too as a possibility, just sandblast the whole frame and then clearcoat, it really suits the industrial look of the frame.

Never fear, it will get done, it is destined to be the showpiece of my bike collection/display as I am fairly sure that no bike I can build from now on will surpass it!

Luke.

This is arguably the craziest build I've ever seen. You are an unbelievable talent and produce incredible work

Amazing builds:)
This is arguably the craziest build I've ever seen. You are an unbelievable talent and produce incredible work
Thanks Guys!

BigJim moved on to a new owner last year and has been touring the Hot Rod shows around the state with it's new owner, apparently going down a treat! :thumbsup:

Planning to build it's replacement in this year's big Build-Off, so keep an eye out once May comes around! ;)

Luke.

BigJim is still popping up in FaceBook and Instagram feeds everywhere, here is the latest from RatRodBikes:

Screenshot_2016-10-26-09-51-31.png

Luke.

Latest posts

Back