★ 82/83 HUTCH PRO RACER ★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
As built by Dairy Ashford Schwinn back in 82/83...complete with vintage dirt. :D

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

I had to step up to the plate on this one, but it's one of those holy grail bikes for me so I felt the investment was justified.

Nice find , I have to part my Windstyler out, whats funny is I thought this would be THE KEEPER...after I got it close to a rider I tried it out and wondered what my heals kept hitting ? well the windstyler has the built in platforms on the frame (designed for kids with short cranks or small feet) but I can't wait to see yours done.

Sweeeee .... eeeet! I just love the look of the looptails with skinwalls and spokes.
I really wish that when I bought my Windstyler in `87 that I`d went on and dropped the extra dime and gotten either a Pro Racer or Trick Star. They were there but I was in the NAVY at the time and I drank at the time so it cut into my beer $$. I still have my old Windstyler though. Here`s the 1st resto:
1987HUTCHWINDSTYLER.jpg

Then I played with that look just a little:
Windstyler.jpg

Then tried this:
148.jpg

147.jpg

146.jpg

145.jpg

Well, after straightening the tweaked rear, twice, I`m left with this (I know, I`ve showed it before and this is still how it sets lol)
001-1.jpg

You've got some great looking freestylers.

Not sure what kind of tricks you could pull off on the trike version though. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
You've got some great looking freestylers.

Not sure what kind of tricks you could pull off on the trike version though. :wink:
lol My greatest trick these days is just getting up in the morning lol. Honestly though, all I do any more is ride just fast enough to keep my balance on 2 wheels, thats it lol.

Hey man I hear ya...will turn 40 in May and it usually takes me about 15 minutes for things to stop hurting when I get up these days.

The sad part is that used to be the case when I'd work out in the yard or do something more strenuous the day before...not anymore. :cry:

Man Steve, you find all the cool bikes. Nice score. I still miss the XL-24 i had as a kid, I wonder where it is now.

Nice Hutch brings back memories of my scorpion tx and my brothers silver streak my mom sold in a garage sale. Wish i had both again. Check out my listing on my spyder for sale . Posted several cell phone pics of a hutch collection i saw yesterday they are so awesome.

nice score :mrgreen: as always great job on the clean up!

lambohaha said:
Sweeeee .... eeeet! I just love the look of the looptails with skinwalls and spokes.
I really wish that when I bought my Windstyler in `87 that I`d went on and dropped the extra dime and gotten either a Pro Racer or Trick Star.
hmmm....ive got a 84 american made trickstar thats coming out of the rafters getting cleaned up and sold probably by this summer.

Latest posts

Back