◘◘◘◘◘ \/\/estern ƒlyer Šuper ◘◘◘◘◘ first post-BO mod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ◘◘◘◘◘ \/\/estern ƒlyer Šuper ◘◘◘◘◘

I <3 loopholes!

thanks Steve.

OK, I'll see if he knows how to braze. Thanks.

I wonder how many variations of trusses there are for that fork? I have seen it with the straight lower trusses like yours. The ones on my Western Flyer bend forward and the other day I picked up a fork with the trusses that stick out to the side.

Awesome frame/fork to start with. I am looking forward to watching this one...I had seriously thought about a CWC as well until I found my Newsboy ballooner.

^^ Ya I know what you mean. I have seen all the variations, I think, and wondered the same.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
OK, I'll see if he knows how to braze. Thanks.

Norby can braze pretty well I think. And right in the shop. But I bet Bob will do abetter job.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Thanks Nick. Are you in this BO?

Sorry for the late reply, Ian. Never seen this post. I don't have a bike in the BO this year, I have no room for another bike unless I sell one :)

Too bad the light bracket broke, should be a quick fix though :wink:

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Finding it really hard to find time to work on this. Maintenance at wife's salon, and home chores are keeping me busy.

If you need help building, starting June 21 I will be available 7 days a week :mrgreen:

Nick you're awesome for offering help. And I hope I see you soon, I want to hear how your first year at Tech was.

I really like the frame and the parts show lots of potential. One I'll probably watch.

thanks guys. I hope I have something worthy of looking at soon.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Nick you're awesome for offering help. And I hope I see you soon, I want to hear how your first year at Tech was.

Let me know... :wink: 1st year was good, I'll tell you more about it through a PM this weekend 8)

If they don't know , you heat cast iron red hot and then weld it.

Thanks for the tip Unc. I'll tell him.

Or he can do a slight preheat (no color change), tig it, and cool it slowly using a torch.

Leon at NBHAA.com has identified this bike as being made between 1947-48. Thank you Leon.

I was thinking I probably won't finish this in time until I got inspiration the other day from of all places, my wife. When I expressed to her I won't have enough time this summer, she said "you better finish it, momma needs a new calendar" hahaha
So before house chores today I did the following:

Scissor jack rear stay stretch:

va2ujasy.jpg

Of course no build off or build challenge bike would be complete without blood shed. This time while expanding fork and truss slots with Dremel:

de7ega3y.jpg

Better late than never, I realized I have matching work gloves:

aguty2yt.jpg

To slam the SR stem I had to remove 1-1/2 inches:

epa7y6y3.jpg

ezajeqaz.jpg

I don't like these bars, but here is the balancing act quick mock up:

u8asa9uv.jpg

6ebuzy9e.jpg

4e5y4e9a.jpg

Wow. It looks really good just the way it sits. Those yellow rims really pop with the rust!

Glad your wife gave you a jump start.
We need bigger photos.
Looking sharp!

Latest posts

Back