RRBBO13 ○〇◯ Holeshot ◯〇○ What... Me Worry? FINISHED Trek CNC Rail Checkered Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the Beer Run flashbacks. Looks like that build was non--stop LOLS!

It was. I don't even know if I had ever posted on RRB at that point. But I started following BO6 about halfway through and decided to enter with only 30 days left. It was such a blast that I've been hooked ever since.

Vrrrroooooomm Vrrrrrooooommmm
Worked on the internals of the Hot Wheels Turbo Revvin' Rev Grip.
I got everything lined up how it should be, but I broke a speaker wire. Gotta locate my soldering iron now.
Shortened the grip

View attachment 80393

Mounted this nice aluminum grip shift converter that I got as part of my Fugsley trade years ago

View attachment 80394

Looked around at what shifter knobs I had and found this yard sale 8 ball knob

View attachment 80395

This is gonna work well. I plan to mount this unit on the fork top plate between the bars. As you pull down the shifter, the turbo speedo moves, lights up, and makes cool burn out sounds (watch video below).

View attachment 80397
View attachment 80396

Still gotta work out a mounting method, but I have good ideas on that already. Have to solder the speaker wire back. Probably have to go with a lighter shifter knob with this lighter kid stuff. This is gonna be sick. I'm very happy with the cool factor of this doodadery. Gonna be a cool Vrrrroooomdad for Holeshot.

YES!!!!!!!!!![emoji869]. That is sooooooo awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the last coat of Pearl Mist on the top pan. Using Metalcast Red over Rustoleum high performance Aluminum Silver for the under pan and the seat chassis.
Once the top pan is good and dry, I'll start hand painting the sweeping checkered flag.

20180721_160928.jpg
20180721_160129.jpg

Working on the Hot Wheels Speedo bracket. Still need to tweak it more.
Temporarily have one of the bars wrapped in the checkered bar tape. Gonna adjust the placement of this a little.

20180721_175044.jpg

Went to the office to pick up a shifter handle I had there and saw the Rat Fink antenna topper that I have had on a pencil on my desk for about 6 years. Haven't found the right bike for it until now. This is the same one that @MazdaFlyer has. Vrrrooom Fink Vrrrrooom

20180721_114116.jpg
20180721_175506.jpg
20180721_175652.jpg

I feel those colors are a bit distracting. The seat is terrific, but the shifter and antenna should probably be kept for another more colorful build and this amalgam of chrom and speed may be best left clean as it is.
The checker pattern on the bars is cool though.

I feel those colors are a bit distracting. The seat is terrific, but the shifter and antenna should probably be kept for another more colorful build and this amalgam of chrom and speed may be best left clean as it is.
The checker pattern on the bars is cool though.

I was cautious with the red accents on the seat and took it in baby steps. It's really a small accent and doesn't appear to conflict with the build yet. We'll see once I get the seat done.

The speedo vrroooom fink shifter console is staying for sure! The smile factor on this when you pull the shift lever is priceless when you hear the engine sounds and see the lights. I like the looks of it too. I feel it compliments to wacky scale of the bars.

Got the Vrrrrroooom Fink mounting all worked out . Just used a tie down angle bracket, a wooden dowel and some long skinny screws.

20180722_115544.jpg
20180722_120118.jpg
20180722_120218.jpg

VIDEO

NEW From Mattel!!!!! Hot Wheels Vrrooom Fink Turbo Speed Shifter as featured on ○〇◯ Holeshot ◯〇○

Last edited:
The speedo vrroooom fink shifter console is staying for sure!...
... it compliments to wacky scale of the bars.

It wouldn't be a Kingfish build it it didn't have at least one thing that made me think
"I can't believe he's actually going to put that outrageous doodad on that amazing bike"

:rofl: :thumbsup:
You keep doing your thing man, power to you!

It wouldn't be a Kingfish build it it didn't have at least one thing that made me think
"I can't believe he's actually going to put that outrageous doodad on that amazing bike"

:rofl: :thumbsup:
You keep doing your thing man, power to you!

You can't expect a fish not to swim!! :21::rockout:

The shifter got a lauf out of me, very cool... like a kid with a new toy at xmas time...

The shifter got a lauf out of me, very cool... like a kid with a new toy at xmas time...

Exactly! My office mates are gonna be glad this is going on a bike. I've had it at my office for a few months and get a kick every time I rev it up.

VIDEO

NEW From Mattel!!!!! Hot Wheels Vrrooom Fink Turbo Speed Shifter as featured on ○〇◯ Holeshot ◯〇○

Man, you're officially crazy!
(in a very good way!) :thumbsup:

Worked on the headlights a bit. I had thought it would be cool to use a "holey" section from an aluminum crutch. After testing it out, it's just too bulky and you can't really see the holes. At least I got a feel for light placement. I'll adjust the placement and use some smaller scale aluminum flat bar that I have. I'm thinking each light should be about in the middle of the springs.

20180722_160424.jpg
20180722_161037.jpg
20180722_161046.jpg
20180722_161054.jpg

Latest posts

Back