“Amore a Prima Vista”

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All together and did my shakedown ride last night... at midnight. Too dark to get any decent photos.
7be5d3138a2202011952602e11b3bbf8.jpg
19294940fb89f63fa799d668136c880d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That cable housing is really cool. To me, it looks like you could shorten your chain a bit, Troy. The der should be pulled forward of 90 degrees a bit when you are in the lowest gear (which it looks like you are in the picture). Your shifting will be 'snappier' with a shorter chain. Be fun to see this in the light! And, the bars are yet to be wrapped, right?

Going with a cloth tape?

That cable housing is really cool. To me, it looks like you could shorten your chain a bit, Troy. The der should be pulled forward of 90 degrees a bit when you are in the lowest gear (which it looks like you are in the picture). Your shifting will be 'snappier' with a shorter chain. Be fun to see this in the light! And, the bars are yet to be wrapped, right?

Going with a cloth tape?

@OddJob
The derailleur is as far forward as I could get it. I wanted to shorten the chain a link or two but just couldn’t get it to pull forward much further. It’s actually in second gear in the photo so it’s not all the way forward.
And I’m using with brown leather tape to match up with the seat. Need to make some adjustments to the angle of the brake handles, test ride again in the daytime. and then wrap.
[emoji4]

Murphy’s Law...
Stripped the threads on the stem’s handlebar cinch bolt.
5f08e40c54950b33542bdc048d7eed96.jpg

Back to the spare parts bin. The bolt on this on is about 1/2” too short to swap them so I’m going to try to clean this one up and change them out.
c2b3b0b4f86567d6ddc25b3bcfb5cdbf.jpg
b17c731eb32fb319fb83452fd3352108.jpg

Beautiful and classy ride!

Latest posts

Back