‘Humpster’

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up my ‘accent’ color today.
This aged bronze will go on the rims, chainring and seatpost. Gonna top it off with Dead Flat to knock down the metallic sheen for that modern ‘tuner’ wheel look
542f2d93abfaf2d868d0f1f3c43ac609.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up my ‘accent’ color today.
This aged bronze will go on the rims, chainring and seatpost. Gonna top it off with Dead Flat to knock down the metallic sheen for that modern ‘tuner’ wheel look
542f2d93abfaf2d868d0f1f3c43ac609.jpg

Inspiration:
4cd24b47a0e709200c5f2fa4fcecaa33.jpg

Started putting color on next, first a coat+ of etching primer including inside the rim, then the first coat of the aged bronze. It managed to cure enough to be brought inside to finish overnight
aabf8cf824e8ffd9cd86e4690c92f01d.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good!

That bronze is way better than 3rd place! Top notch work on the rims. And, I'm wondering if we will get more shots from your 'fireplace patio' ala KF's 'courtyard' shots? Cuz I'm diggin' it! :nod:

I decided to buy a ‘sandblasting’ attachment for my pressure washer to aid in stripping the frame and potentially other parts. It arrived last night, as soon as I get off work today, I’ll try it out, maybe with a little video if it works as advertised.
In other related news, I scored this chainguard off of eBay. I believe it’s the right vintage and look I want. Was gonna go guardless, but I do have wear long pants occasionally in the winter and getting a pant leg caught in chainrings is zero fun
c85bb4e1513c98866bb311d36330f993.jpg

Wasn’t able to set up the new sandblasting attachment this weekend, BUT, I did manage to get color/clear on the wheels.
I really like the bronze rim and the orange/white logos together. Definitely a ‘tougher’ look than the stock alloy finish
41eda5fe6e0bbcb3ac219ec0abd9a8a9.jpg

Latest posts

Back