‘84 Mongoose ATB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I already threw this bike onto Craigslist for a little too much money, ha. Part of me doesn’t want to get rid of it. I’ll list the specs and bits and hopefully someone can determine a valuation on it. Thanks.

Día-Compe brakes (levers, brakes, pulleys)
26” Pro Class Rims
Suzue sealed hubs
Takagi crankset and chainrings
Suntour shifters
VP-747 pedals "Bear Traps"
SR Slingshot Stem
Mongoose Headset
SR Laprade Seatpost
Suntour Seatpost Clamp
And probably a few other bits that I missed.
ba25b9f6255bd3590ce519c35a1fbd05.jpg

6bfe345a1c8060507e99b3d48dd1165d.jpg

73a2b61b2e1b92ed13ab90eac985eafb.jpg

Thanks for your time! A few extra shots can be found here.

‘84 Mongoose ATB
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forum/index.php?posts/1087018/&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, it’s worth more in parts. But you prob know that.
If I was selling it, as is, I’d put it up for $350. But prob wouldn’t get that in my area.
To the right person, that’s a deal. But it’s a smaller collectors/enthusiast circle then say, prewar, or bmx.

If it were mine, I’d keep the wheels and put other ones on it and sell it for $150

You are probably more likely to find someone to pay up on bmxmuseum or some vintage mountain bike site...or ebay.

Its a cool bike...would be nice for it to stay together.

Jason

edit...this was the most similar ATB that has sold recently on the ebay...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-School...881753?hash=item23a2d76a19:g:RDoAAOSwm4NbDySi

View attachment 83661

That’s kinda what I thought I could eventually get for it if I held out long enough. I would like to see it stay together too, it’s a looker but just not my style. I would keep the wheels but that means building another set of wheels and I don’t have that type of talent so I’ll have to pay someone to do that. Around here it’s $30 per wheel.

I appreciate the responses fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back