Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. L

60s Sears Higgins flightliner?

I have one just like it. I will try to find a photo to show.
  2. L

60s Sears Higgins flightliner?

It looks like a 1962 from the SS Number according to the James Hurd catalog book I have, It would of came with a coaster brake and sold for $46.95 brand new.
  3. L

Welcome to the Monkey Ward

Really nice !!!
  4. L

Greetings from rural CO

Hi Wordbiker, small world sometimes HUH!!, The Vic is always a good place to hang out and have a few cold ones. Now I will have to ask all the girls down there which one rides the High Wheeler. I don't know if the old back could take a beating on one of those. Is it hard to ride? I used to do a...
  5. L

Greetings from rural CO

Hi from up north in Loveland, Colorado area. I used to live down in Salida back in the late 70"s, still get down that way at least 2-3 times a year. I like to bring a cruiser and go bar hopping downtown. I see by your Pagosa Springs brewery t-shirt that you must like good beer. Maybe I will run...
  6. L

1972 Raleigh Grand prix

Man, that is sweet. I first got into road riding on a red and black one just like that. Rode the paint off of it. Even did several bike tours in Northern Wisconsin on it. Replaced it with a Raleigh Competition GS in 1982, which I still have. I have a newspaper article and photo from Baraboo...
  7. L

Crescent bicycle

Here is what it looks like as a Mead Ranger. I have seen several different companies making this bike during the war.
  8. L

ANOTHER ZEP & FLIGHTLINER

Nice find on the Higgins, your serial number shows it as a 1960 Flightliner originally selling in the catalog for $47.75 brand new. I have a 26 Inch just like that. Nice bike. Leo
  9. L

representing colorado

Hi from up north in Loveland, welcome to the site. Where are you at ??
  10. L

Cleaning chrome

I learned this one here awhile back, use ceramic or glass stove top cleaner. This is cheap at Walmart or a grocery store. Use some cheap green scub pads from the dollar store. Finish it off with a light layer of WD40. I have been really happy with the results. It works really well...
  11. L

hairpin seats, real leather, $30. Opinions?

They are very cool looking, but they are very heavy. If you are looking for just looks o.k. . I found that when sitting on it, it forces the bottom side of the saddle up into the side of your legs. Not very comfortable for me. Never did figure out if it could be tightened down or maybe lacing...
  12. L

Show us your J.C. Higgins Bikes

Islnder102, your bike by the Serial Number should be a red 1959 boys 26 inch. There were two versions of Flightliners in 1959. The top model was the Fully Equipped Version, and then a cheaper version that was called the J.C. Higgins Equipped Flightliner Bicycle. Your bike was sold for $49.95 and...
  13. L

Show us your J.C. Higgins Bikes

Post a Serial Number on your Flightliner and I will look up the year for you. Leo
  14. L

Where do you get your tires?

Take a look at Thumasbikes.com for Schwinn replacement tires. Other good bike items from a small company, good customer service. I buy from them on a regular basis. Leo
  15. L

Any Vets?

Thanks to all that served and all who are currently serving now. Many thanks for your service. Including my son Joe, who just finished his seven years in the Army. Thank you. Leo
  16. L

pedal cars!!!!

I don't have any pedal cars YET, but I do have a pedal wagon. It is a AMF Junior Chain Drive Wagon. I have had this since I was 5-6 years old. I have a picture of me riding it back in 1963, I will post that when I find it. I am 54 years old now have hung on to it ever since. 48 years or so. It...
  17. L

Girls bike gallery?

My wifes 1961 Higgins Flightliner. Leo
  18. L

Swap meet Flightliner

I looked at my catalog and I am somewhat unsure of your new bike that you picked up. The numbers don't quite match for any certain year. But the Serial Numbers are only 1 number off for Flightliners for 1962 models. Maybe it was made between 62-63. The numbers for that year were between 4660 and...
  19. L

Swap meet Flightliner

Post your Serial Number and I will look it up for you. I have four Flightliners in my collection. Leo
  20. L

Hello from Denver

Welcome, John from up north in Loveland, happy building. Lets see some photos. Leo
Back