Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

Gravity racer - Calling all daredevils!

Thanks SIN. What is a good headtube angle? Since I stretched the bike at the pivot, I can decrease rake by raising the bike up.
  2. B

It is a straight springer fork, but I flipped the bracket it is on to rake it further. I think just putting a standard fork on will help. Righting the frame would be a pain at this point, and the wheelbase would become a lot shorter. I'll give that fork a ride first, and then try righting it if...
  3. B

Thanks Eddie. I don't have a seat, I have kneelers, but I don't think i could balance without hands. My bike has a raked out springer fork. I was thinking about swapping for a bmx, but I may look for a road fork. The bike caught wobbles anytime the front tire wasn't pointed straight. Since the...
  4. B

Sorry about that. I meant to do a short ride, assess the effectiveness of my bungee dampeners and than come back and do a second video. I felt confident and went the whole way. The steering was shaky anytime it wasn't pointed straight, and it got away from me on that last curve. While my buddy...
  5. B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1duqc1fDwM Hit 35 or so on my shakedown ride. I also highsided it at the end. Lots of fun. I will definitely repair, modify and ride it again.
  6. B

Lets make it Halloween. That should be more than enough time.
  7. B

I'm all in favor of an extention, since no one has shown any proof of a run yet. I meant to today but worked 14 hours instead. How long should we go?
  8. B

Careful out there guys. I should be getting leathers and a helmet this week, but I was feeling bulletproof and ran my bike down the driveway with shorts on. Now I am missing some skin on one of my knees.
  9. B

I have brakes! Tomorrow I have to work out better pads for the kneelers, a seat and weight. I hope to do some real test rides tomorrow night.
  10. B

Witchita is a long haul from here, but it would be fun to race a fellow member. Hmmm...
  11. B

I just got the tires on and kneelers built. I took it for a ride down the driveway brakeless. Oh boy it is gonna be fast! The steering is twitchy due to the rake. I also scrape my butt on the tire a lot. I may have to make a seat. 35 won't be a problem, not doing 80 or crashing hard might be tricky.
  12. B

That's basically what I am doing. I took a kids full suspension MTB and flipped it, removed the shock and will be replacing it with a couple of heim joints and a turnbuckle. I can extend it until the seat post drags the ground.
  13. B

Schwalbe Marathons are the standard. I am buying Primo Comets.
  14. B

I'm impressed that you are running hills already. I don't have welding gear, so I am waiting on heim joints to come in the mail. Then tires and I can start fitting the brakes and cables.
  15. B

Congrats on getting it rolling! I bet with some high pressure tires and some weight you'd really be cooking.
  16. B

With the tires that come in fractions, they don't fit because the diameter is wrong. They are meant for taller rims than bmx 20".
  17. B

Not sure anyone plans on buying tires for this, but if you do, tires that come in standard increments (20X1 1/8) DO NOT FIT bmx wheels. I learned the hard way.
  18. B

It seems to me it down to where you can put your weight. If your riding position is one that lets you sit on the seat comfortably, then you can put your feet on the pegs and hang your kneesliders out around corners (no kneeler required). If you build a solid kneeler, you put your feet over the...
  19. B

I would think the OCC tire would be a slow roller. How much pressure is it rated for?
Back