Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. A

Shimamo deep dish cog for Felt 24"x3" wheel Question

I have Felt bike with the wide 24"x 3 tires, the rear sprocket broke. I wondered if the deep dish on that is the same as those seen on ebay? I will give the original one a smash and weld in the meantime, just checking for options. The original one on the bike was a 21T, it looks like 22T and...
  2. A

Nexus 3 skipping forward slipping or ghosting forward

Hi, The chain on my wife's Dx (nexus 3 coaster with grip shifter) busted the other day, so i went in and changed the chain. Now i'm getting a slipping forward before engaging when pedaling forward, coaster works fine, is just adjustment in the shifter on the hub? Im going to fiddle with that...
  3. A

Electra Nexus 7i wheels sets

I got the wheels from the clearance sale. Has anyone actually received, installed and rode the nexus 7? I got mine Monday, I squeezed it into a 50's girls Schwinn frame for my wife. I need to get a proper chain but I got a used chain on there and it's kind of noisy. I happen to have a...
  4. A

rear hub issue freewheeling or disengaging while pedalling

Just asking for help, I have not torn down the rear hub on my wife's Monark, but we did go out for a Cyclone coaster ride today, after about 2hrs for pedaling the rear hub started disengaging while pedaling the crank. I know I need to clean the rear hub to help the brakes but what this other...
  5. A

Shimano Nexus front to rear chain wheel combos that work for

I wan running a clover Schwinn front chain wheel(maybe a 48T) with a nexus 3 speed 16T rear. The combo didn't works so well. What combos have worked for you? Also I'm wanting to run a Phantom 52T front, what combo have you used for this to get the best performance out of your Nexus 3sp?
  6. A

New guy from Los Angeles,Ca

Hi I found some great info on rebuilding on this forum, I thought I'd do an intro. I'm Abe, I'm a designer in Los Angeles,Ca. I love the cruiser bicycles. I just got a new to me bike, it seems to be a MW Hawthorne about 1950-1952 I believe. I just fixed some wangly spokes and regreased the hub...
Back