Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Jsheetz

24 Inch boys tanker

Alright, i just picked this bike up today. I found it at a collectables shop. No head badge, and it is missing the truss rods. The number i got from the Bottom Bracket is J35453. Is it a CWC bike?? im not sure. Let me know what you think.
  2. Jsheetz

J.C. Higgins Jet Fire (not so fresh)

Alright guys I got this Murray built Higgins JetFire from a friend of mine a few weeks ago or so. So really its not that fresh. But anyway I got it in a bunch of pieces and threw it together. I really didnt use much of the original parts that came with it. But used spare parts from around the...
  3. Jsheetz

what is it??

Hey guys, I picked this bike up a couple of days ago and really do not have an idea as to what it is. I could no find any numbers so far, but i might in a day or two under the layers upon layers of paint. any info would be awesome!! thanks alot. Josh
  4. Jsheetz

Hiawatha Mens tanker

Just brought this little beauty home. it is a Hiawatha, not exactly sure of the year yet. The sprocket on it isnt the one that came on the bike, I just swapped it out real quick to clean the original and slapped this one so i could ride it. not exactly sure if i am going to keep the rusty finish...
  5. Jsheetz

westfield mfg

Just brought home this Westfield mfg bike. I don't know much about westfields other than they made bikes for columbia i think. the badge only says westfield though. havnt got the numbers off of it yet. any info would help. sorry for the dark pic. I will get some better pics up soon. also got a...
  6. Jsheetz

MICHIGAN FALL RAT RIDE OCT 3RD

Michigan rat ride in Otterlake, MI. Sunday October 3rd at 1:00pm. We will be riding the Southern Links Trailway approx 8 miles. Everybody is welcome! This ride is geared mainly towards adults as we will be stopping at a watering hole or two. pm me with any questions or further directions...
  7. Jsheetz

MICHIGAN RAT RIDE

Hey guys! i was wondering if there were any rat rod rides in michigan. If not i would like to set one up somewhere in michigan for the fall. tell me what you think, I think it would be pretty cool.
  8. Jsheetz

Michigan Antique & Collectible Festivals SEPT 25-26

Michigans largest antique festival/swap is coming up next month. It will be held at the Midland County Fairgrounds. I have never been there myself, but i heard it was worth going. I just wanted to get someone elses opinion if they have visited it before, I am not sure as to how many...
  9. Jsheetz

Schwinn Excelsior

another day another find. I told myself no more girls bikes, but i couldnt say no when i came across this one!! my first Excelsior!!
  10. Jsheetz

Chain break that doesnt break?

I have snapped three chain breaks in the last month or so. of course im using them on alot of ratty chains. is there a good quality chain break out there, should i be taking the old chains off another way??
  11. Jsheetz

JC Higgins 3 speed

Just got home with this freebie JC Higgins womens 3 speed, Found in the rafters of an old barn, it had a male mate, but the gentleman didnt want to let go of the mens bike :cry: I have no clue as to how old it is, there is no model name anywhere on it. any help would be greatly appreciated!!
  12. Jsheetz

Had a couple of free hours today.

Ive had this ugly murray mtn bike sitting around and was kind of just sick of looking at it. so i spent an hour or so on it today to get an idea of what i could do with some extra parts i had laying around. . . Im planning on tearing it down, painting it, and changing the cranks and chain wheel...
  13. Jsheetz

pre war frame, any info?

I got this frame out of a scrap pile and instantly wanted to make a board track style bike out of it. then i noticed the frame is cracked in two spots, but its nothing a little welding and grinding cant fix. anyhow the frame is missing the head badge, and it doesnt have the original sprocket on...
  14. Jsheetz

Swamp thing.

I just found this laying down in a swamp out in the deep country. I'm trying to decide if a complete restore would be worth it. I believe it is a mid 50's Hiawatha Strato-Chief. The other side of the bike is the side that was laying down, and it is completely rust.
  15. Jsheetz

Michigander newb

Hello everybody!! although i am newly registered i am not really new to the site, i have been getting tips and checking out builds here for a while. I just got into antique bikes, and rat rod bikes a little over a year ago and i am hooked!!! Thanks for this great site!! I am very excited to...
Back