Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. TheHumongous

COPPERTONE MOTO

LOVE the wheels man. That thing is fantastic.
  2. TheHumongous

Impossible bike lock

HAHA awesome. Reminds me of the show "Reno 911" from a few years back. Something similar happens to one of their patrol bikes with a lightpole when they walk away to do something.
  3. TheHumongous

Schwinn blade-fork with a drum brake? Possible or suicidal?

Those last 2 posts have answered my question completely. Thank you much! I'll be starting the build hopefully sooner than later. I'm glad you showed me that pic because I definitely want to use the correct fork.
  4. TheHumongous

The Rustman - new pics p. 2

Re: Basman ScrapRod Very cool, it definitely catches the eye. Almost looks like an old "Prior" hub too. Awesome bike!
  5. TheHumongous

Good idea, a truss would look pretty sweet. I've never done it before so that'd be a fun thing to try.
  6. TheHumongous

Thanks man. You're right, you never know until you try. I ask just because I've heard they're rather flexible from side to side so I wasn't sure about loading up one fork leg with brake force. I appreciate the fast response!
  7. TheHumongous

I've got an early 60's Schwinn I plan on building as a ratrod/rider sort of project shortly. It has a flat-blade steel fork on the front of it and I was wondering what the compatibility for brakes would be on it? There are currently none mounted on it, as the bike came with a coaster brake...
  8. TheHumongous

VINTAGE BICYCLE ADS

These two were originally the same add but the artwork was changed a little because the original wasn't 'politically correct'... CAPTAIN KANGAROO ALWAYS SAYS: "Schwinn Racer, for when you're completely convinced the creepy ginger kid on the corner who just got the new cruiser is going to...
  9. TheHumongous

The Rustman - new pics p. 2

Re: Basman ScrapRod Really sweet bike. One thing that caught my eye though... Mind if I ask what kind of hub you're using up front? Thing's wild looking!
  10. TheHumongous

repair prices?

FREE if she's wearing just the spandex bottoms... 8) Charge whatever you feel is fair, just always take pride in your work and make sure you do it to the best of your ability. Some people will always complain/try to screw you over, that's just business. Do the best you can with the vast...
  11. TheHumongous

Kona Humuhumu-Nukunuku-Apua'a KLUNKER project

Hey cman thanks a lot for this link! That helped me a lot, judging by the fact some of his more minor solutions to the problem seem to reflect my line of thinking I think this brake will get better after a few. I guess according to him I may be running it with just a tad too much slack in the...
  12. TheHumongous

DONE. FINALLY. Just took it for a quick few miles around town. Rides great. I do have one question for you guys though, do drum brakes eventually break in? This is my first set and theyre a little...well...lacking. The front is decent but the back is pretty meh. We'll see. Still rides well in...
  13. TheHumongous

Ghost Bikes: good idea(?) from tragic events

One more thing I forgot to mention, and again, my previous post was just my quick knee-jerk reaction to the whole thing. Perhaps I might've read into it too far. But I will say, wether you agree with the reasoning behind the ghost bike or not, we can all agree it's pretty messed up to steal one...
  14. TheHumongous

Thanks man, It's a Rustoleum product "Dark Hunter Green" 7733 I believe it said on the can.
  15. TheHumongous

Hey I noticed this post, sorry for my slow response. I'll get back to you on that because quite frankly I forget at the moment. I'll have to find the left over few I packed away in my stash somewhere. Or I could measure them but that'll be only so accurate now that they're built up.
  16. TheHumongous

So I sprayed my green and unmasked everything today. I don't own a headset press so excited as I am I'll have to wait to completely build this thing. Potentially I can have it done sometime tomorrow, at the latest by wednesday. I'm going to need to take it to work to put the front end on/run the...
  17. TheHumongous

Ghost Bikes: good idea(?) from tragic events

Just my 2 cents here, but I have heard of these things and they kind of weird me out. There's obviously nothing wrong with mourning someones death, or marking the spot where it happened to remember the PERSON by. But to me these ghost bike things seem to be more of a statement about America (in...
  18. TheHumongous

So just a brief update/apology. This project is not forgotten. Lately the weather in my area/my schedule have been very incompatible with this project (up until recently). I should have had this thing done about a week ago. But it turned out after I finished nearly a week's worth of painting...
  19. TheHumongous

40/41 Schwinn DX going to be kluntastic

Re: 39 Schwinn DX going to be kluntastic Sick. Can't wait to see how it comes out.
  20. TheHumongous

Vintage parts

I'd say you found a match on those brakes. Very cool, I actually didn't know Dura Ace went back quite that far into the 70s. Learn something new every day lol. And you're welcome glad I could help.
Back