Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. H

Thrown Away

I love this bike. Such Class it has. I am going to do some serious digging for more info on my bike. I think this might be a good candidate for a full resto.
  2. H

Thrown Away

Well it cost me a leaf blower. It was one of those situations I had something he wanted and he had something I didn't know I wanted. We shall see if it works out.
  3. H

Thrown Away

I gave this a real good once over the frame and fork look really really good. I love the shape of the bars and they are in pretty good shape. I didn't realize how beautiful these old bikes were and how well crafted they are until I started seeing these bikese on RRB now that I have one in person...
  4. H

Haro Sport

This will make 2 scores this week. Guy at work brought this in for me. Says he has had it a long time. I think it is an 84 but can't find much info on them. It looks mostly original except for maybe the tires doesn't matter cause they are all dry rotted anyway. Anyway it has been a good week for...
  5. H

Thrown Away

So I was telling this guy about this web sit RRB. and how cool it is and all the ideas I have seen for some customising and building some bikes of my own. He says I have an old bike I have been meaning to throw away you want it he says, I says sure. Thinking it was some walmart bike he backed...
  6. H

Electra Bicycle Pics

I must have gotten lucky cause till this week it has been sitting in the basement new in the package. Don't know how long they have been gone but I have had this a couple years. Now it's time to make that wood match.
  7. H

New pics 04/28/11 RAT ROD mountain bike!!! :)

Re: "rat rod" look for a 1998 Schwinn Straight 6 ??? If you already have white handlebars I would think of painting the fork lowers white also with white pedals. Don't be afraid to throw some red in there too. White Rims red hubs white pedals NICE. Maybe do the rocker arms in white maybe red...
  8. H

Re: "rat rod" look for a 1998 Schwinn Straight 6 ??? I bought this late year and of course the next model year came with ABP. I have ridden the new bikes and they are awesome. They are just so expensive now I have upgraded my drivetrain with the exception of the crank to all XTR. To get what I...
  9. H

Electra Bicycle Pics

I actually got it from the back room at my LBS. Over Stock I think. I can look and see if he has more. I only have a stock Electra seat to compare but I think it will matter what the center to center measurement of the spring studs are. Center to Center on mine measures about 4-3/4 in.
  10. H

Re: "rat rod" look for a 1998 Schwinn Straight 6 ??? I'm down here is mine. I have tore it down twice to sell it and just can't bring myself to do it. I just love my Fuel
  11. H

Electra Bicycle Pics

The crash Bar is from Electra it was $9.00. from the LBS. I just think it sticks out too far but I haven't seen many in person. Not like is really functional anyway with the rack on. I am sure it will grow on me. I think the bike is coming along nicely. Next thing is to ditch the cheap wood and...
  12. H

Electra Bicycle Pics

So I added the front tray Started with a blue one from my wifes bike. I think the blacks match very well. Used a Satin Black With clear coat on top. Gotta love the rattle cans And a Crash Bar. Not to sure about the crash bar
  13. H

Electra Bicycle Pics

This bike was orginally supposed to be for the owner of the bike shop and I talked him into selling it to me. By the time he ordered it Electra was not selling them with a front tray. Fortunatley I bought my wife a Holiday this summer and it had the front tray which will now go on mine. Electra...
  14. H

Electra Bicycle Pics

Here is my Electra. Gonna add the front tray next. I love the fat franks
  15. H

New from IN.

Thanks for the welcome. I am from Northern In. near Notre Dame. Here are the rest of my bikes. The mountain bike and the road bike get the most use but my favorite by far is the delivery 8D. The one bike I would really like to do some stuff to is the delivery but... Electra hit this one out of...
  16. H

New from IN.

Hello from Indiana. This forum is great and has spawned some new ideas for my first scratch to rat build. I have collected some interesting bikes over the years but have not done much customizing to them. This forum has helped fuel the fire fur sure. My latest score is a Electra Delivery 8d that...
  17. H

The B-2

this thing is way sick. I have been looking for a fork like what you have any chance on letting me know where you sourced it from
Back