Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. GTX

LuftWulf "Drei" Trike Build

Starting a new trike build...I will be trying out seats and bars next... Cycles US parts used are ... H/D Trike kit with Nexus 3-speed Triple Tree Forks w/ disc tab 100 mm wide,24" alloys rims Origin 8 Black 1 1/8 threadless headset Unknown 26" frame from flea mkt 24" BMX Alloy front with 160mm...
  2. GTX

Gialma Carla 12 Speed

Saw this yesterday at a pawn shop.I knew nothing about it,but all the hardware is Campy,rims and all,and it's super light.Cables are all internally routed,and from looking up info,it was built in Italy in a small shop,mostly custom tailored to order.700x20C rubber is rotten,so I have...
  3. GTX

LuftWulf "DeathTrap"

This is one I have had around,but never finished,and has gone through some changes.It should be done soon though... :roll: I started with a Murray USA Monterey 26" frame.Stripped it and shot it with Black GM paint.The seat post was shaved for the solid-mount saddles I make.The rear axle was...
  4. GTX

What is it? Flea Market Score...

Just wanted to ID the bike so I can find a headbadge...and a tank,if it ever had one as an option 8) BB s/n 441068 Funky reflector...Stock?
  5. GTX

Auto Swap-A-Rama V,Montgomery,Alabama 3-31-12

Auto Swap A Rama IV is here again...Spaces are $5,you can sell anything you want...cars,bikes,parts...I have Coke stuff,coolers,etc. Located at the Alabama State Farmer's Market...1655 Federal Dr.,Montgomery,AL...it will Google Map We always have 3 events planned so it goes all day,into...
  6. GTX

LuftWulf "Death Race Tribute Bike"

A quick build to take to a VW Weekend show in Birmingham.I like watching the Death Race vids on YouTube,and wanted to build a Tribute bike that could do it,if you wanted to. 70's Murray USA Monteray frame,Nexus 3-speed rear,BMX Freewheel front with disc adapter,Repop Monark Springer,Flipped...
  7. GTX

Name That Flyer

My next Rat..."Unknown Hinson" I need help on I.D. the frame of this FrankenBike...It had a tall Sissy,Banana,and backrest on it that someone added...Note the weird drop=outs... :shock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X69rIzFQDY&feature=related
  8. GTX

Sparta Athos "Dutch Bike" Help Needed

Got this from a small town Flea Mkt...They said they had one bike in back...Anyone know values on these? Sparta "Athos" made in Holland. 28" Stainless wheels,Nexus 6v generator/drum brake front...Nexus 7-speed internal hub/drum rear. Nexus automatic headlite,and headlite detector rear lite...it...
  9. GTX

"Schwing" Street Skinny

If you have not done so already,ask your FLBS...Friendly Local Bike Shop,to call you when they have any bikes that are not going to be picked up.They get lots of customers who drop a bike off,then get the news it's too much to fix,parts are not avail.,or they are just abandoned.All of the ones I...
  10. GTX

"Brass Monkey" LuftWulf El Cheepo bike

I needed a quick build for a cheap bike to display with my higher end ones at a show soon.99% of people at car shows have no idea what it costs to build a custom,so I always have a lo-ender to sell. This one was a new Huffy "Nel Lusso",which I like that model because it comes with a Springer...
  11. GTX

1964 Mattel Stallion

Got this one today....I had never seen one before,so I bought it.Anyone know what they are worth? I am going to get it going and sell since I am too big to ride it. He had 2 seats that are not torn,and extra rims with it.The raer shocks work...the frame swings at the fork. 8)
  12. GTX

Auto Swap-A-Rama IV,Montgomery, AL. 3-26-11

I put on this event every year on the last Sat. in Mar....we get more bicycles each year. I will bring all I can get on the truck! There are 3 events planned,as always to keep you entertained! Sat.,March 26th 8am-12pm is the Vintage Volkswagen Assoc. 4th annual Auto Swap-A-Rama at the same...
  13. GTX

"Hi-Roller" Luft Wulf build

This is a quick build to sell at the VW WinterJam Daytona show at the end of Feb. along with other bikes I am bringing. http://www.LuftWulf.com Frame-Cycles US Classic 24" made in USA,H-D rear fender and struts...you can actually sit on the fender with a P-pad Fork-Triple tree Cycles US with...
  14. GTX

Cool springer ideas?

I'm looking at putting together a junkyard front end inspired by the motorcycle setup pictured here... I have several cannibalized full suspension bikes.Looks like the rear swing and shock would work for half of it.Trying to figure out if I need to order a cheap triple tree,or find a way to...
  15. GTX

Want a Woody?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Bent-Plywood-Bicycle/ If you could build one strong enough for a motor bike it would dampen the vibes well!
  16. GTX

ID on Western Flyer 3 speed?

Got this today,but found no name anywhere on the bike.Any help on date name is appreciated!
  17. GTX

Luft Wulf "Texaco Motor Bike" Done...

I just finished this one to take to Pensacola this weekend to sell...There is a big VW show there every year I go to. The bike is a USA Murray frame,rims and bars,Felt Abraham Fork and Quick Brick tires.The Origin 8 Threadless neckset is a drop-in...FYI.The engine is a Grubee GT 5 Skyhawk 80 cc...
  18. GTX

Black Hole Sun

My latest project "Black Hole Sun" I'm trying different configurations on. Frame is a Bicycle Designer Z-1 The front fork is supposed to resemble the flat track bikes like the Jawa Speedway that have a single side shock...I have a triple tree and Felt Abraham springer coming to mock up too,but...
  19. GTX

Specialized Rat?

Found today and followed me home...Anyone know what model? It says Allez and has Carbon forks and has an Aluminum frame.
  20. GTX

'49 Roadmaster Repop

I picked this up last Sunday after selling my 2 newly built bikes at a show Sat. I got it from the orig. owner that left it in her shed since '98,never rode it. It' was made for the 50th Anniv. of the Luxury Liner...'48-'53 run. S/N 3503 of 5000 made,and sold for $3,000 new...crazy money in...
Back