Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. GTX

Show off AMF bicycles

Found this today...Bought for a friend that like s Girls bikes...Don't know the year,but it's an AMF Roadmaster Skylark 26".
  2. GTX

LuftWulf "Drei" Trike Build

Alan@ChoppersUS has the tubes coming...so next week the bike should be done... I will have it at http://www.cruisinthecoast.com/ for sale,along with a couple others... 8)
  3. GTX

Put on an old Messinger Springer and Moto GP Bars with Billet ODI Grips.. The hub from Cycles US has an extra sprocket on it with the Nexus 3-speed trike setup... The hub location I have now is all I can get to line up right with this frame...another style of dropouts would work out...
  4. GTX

Starting a new trike build...I will be trying out seats and bars next... Cycles US parts used are ... H/D Trike kit with Nexus 3-speed Triple Tree Forks w/ disc tab 100 mm wide,24" alloys rims Origin 8 Black 1 1/8 threadless headset Unknown 26" frame from flea mkt 24" BMX Alloy front with 160mm...
  5. GTX

Gialma Carla 12 Speed

I looked it up yesterday on BikeForums,but something was up with the server,so I could not post there.They were saying it was common to remove the gaudy stickers when they were new.The paint and stickers are pretty dinged up,but I'll see how it buffs out.
  6. GTX

Gialma Carla 12 Speed

The shop that built it in Italy would not put anything not made in Italy on their bikes.Anyway,I thought for $60 I could not go too wrong... :lol:
  7. GTX

Gialma Carla 12 Speed

They are Clinchers...Took it to Chain Reaction,my Rat Friendly LBS to order tires/tubes...
  8. GTX

Gialma Carla 12 Speed

Saw this yesterday at a pawn shop.I knew nothing about it,but all the hardware is Campy,rims and all,and it's super light.Cables are all internally routed,and from looking up info,it was built in Italy in a small shop,mostly custom tailored to order.700x20C rubber is rotten,so I have...
  9. GTX

Auto Swap-A-Rama V,Montgomery,Alabama 3-31-12

One more week! Hope the weather is as good as today's... 8)
  10. GTX

https://www.facebook.com/events/296537700366156/ Got a Facebook page on the event up. I've been getting lots of calls about the location...It is all covered, so if it's raining,we will be there! Bring your bikes,parts,any collectibles,...whatever.There are no restrictions on what you sell...as...
  11. GTX

LuftWulf "DeathTrap"

Waiting on the #415 chains for the motor drive...Pirate Cycles' HD sprockets are 1/16 wider...Their drum brake hub adapter is sweet...perfect gear setup,and is adjustable too.
  12. GTX

LuftWulf "DeathTrap"

More work last night....changed wheels to 12 ga. steels...24" rear-26" front.Added a Grubee 2 stroke.
  13. GTX

LuftWulf "DeathTrap"

14. GTX

LuftWulf "DeathTrap"

This is one I have had around,but never finished,and has gone through some changes.It should be done soon though... :roll: I started with a Murray USA Monterey 26" frame.Stripped it and shot it with Black GM paint.The seat post was shaved for the solid-mount saddles I make.The rear axle was...
  15. GTX

What is it? Flea Market Score...

Thanks for the help...The badge was riveted on,unlike Western Autos with stickers I have had.I guess I'll look for a cool old one to replace it.
  16. GTX

The rear dropouts are not arrow-shaped like my other Murrays...So there is no room for a ser. # on it.The only numbers are on the BB...
  17. GTX

Just wanted to ID the bike so I can find a headbadge...and a tank,if it ever had one as an option 8) BB s/n 441068 Funky reflector...Stock?
  18. GTX

Auto Swap A Rama IV is here again...Spaces are $5,you can sell anything you want...cars,bikes,parts...I have Coke stuff,coolers,etc. Located at the Alabama State Farmer's Market...1655 Federal Dr.,Montgomery,AL...it will Google Map We always have 3 events planned so it goes all day,into...
  19. GTX

LuftWulf "Death Race Tribute Bike"

http://www.luftwulf.com/Chassis.html Thanks! Here's the latest VeeDub I'm working on...It's a '55 Euro,and it's at the painter's now for a complete strip job and show paint in/out. The drivetrain/chassis are done,with a 200 HP EFI all new engine that is laptop tunable.Hoping to take it to the...
  20. GTX

LuftWulf "Death Race Tribute Bike"

A quick build to take to a VW Weekend show in Birmingham.I like watching the Death Race vids on YouTube,and wanted to build a Tribute bike that could do it,if you wanted to. 70's Murray USA Monteray frame,Nexus 3-speed rear,BMX Freewheel front with disc adapter,Repop Monark Springer,Flipped...
Back