Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. purple

A fixie at walmart?

While at work at Walmart I stopped to say hi to my former partner in bike assembly and showed me the new bike that just came in. He didn't even have it open yet so I tore into it. A black frame with 1 yellow tire on a red rim and 1 red tire on a yellow rim. Not only is this craze big enough for...
  2. purple

The Competitor finishes at the stoke of midnight

Here she is folks, I have always loved board trackers so I finally built my own. The biggest part of the work was the 1/4 eliptical front suspension fork. Seeing the early Indians and other motorcycles with these made me drool and was the initial inspuration. Here are the first pics just after...
  3. purple

The Competitor

well I may change the name but I needed something up there. I'm doing a board tracker starting with the bike stuff hidden in this picture. Plan is to modify the forks I picked out and make a lucky seven seat post and rear supports for the seat. No I haven't done any work ye but I want to try to...
  4. purple

been a while

I don't have internet at home so I haven't been able to visit all you wonderful people. So an update is in store. I got more bikes, I've been playing a lot of music, and all of my family has had birthdays so no more presents to buy till Xmas. Just busy busy busy. Hope all is well here. new...
  5. purple

My new band

My wife came to our pratice and recorded us when we weren't looking. Our first show is coming up soon. We just go by the singers name for now, Brandon Antakk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt_A0bMel8c http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Aue3i-Dqk
  6. purple

Bought this, now what?

So I got this Sturmer Archey hub today for $40. BTW, he has 2 more. But since I have never even seen one in person before I don't know anything about what to put on it for gears. I've only dealt with sprockets that were still with the hub they came with, but this is NOS.
  7. purple

I.D. this and check out this paint job!

So I was back at my friend's to show him a pic of my upright bass that he pinstriped for me. It was in pieces when he striped it so he hadn't seen it all together. Last time I was there 3 weeks ago he was taking this bike apart to fix up for the little lady. No name or headbadge anywhere. Well...
  8. purple

Antique Rickshaw on CL

Relisted with pics. I have always wanted an old one of these but I can't afford 6K. http://redding.craigslist.org/bik/1922578310.html
  9. purple

$20 from CL newish Schwinn

Got this today. Called on it last night and she had only posted the ad 2 minutes before I called her. Back tire is flat and the handlebars are bent. Everything Else is good. I may make this the wife's bike and part her Huffy for my next projects or part this if she likes her Huffy better.
  10. purple

'51 or '53 Schwinn???

So I looked up this Schwinn 3 speed that was given to me earlier this year on Old Road's serial no. list and it looks like this frame matches both those years. How can I figure out which year it really is? A43382 is the no. I found on my frame on the rear. The bike has the small circle head badge.
  11. purple

Factory tubes

Here is the original tube that had finally popped last April in my Grandpa's '71 Racer. The rear still has one. So I guess this makes the bike only 99% factory original. :lol: I thought you would enjoy seeing it was made in USA not China. At least it still has the factory tires.
  12. purple

Picnic Time

Here is the finished trike for the wife. I got the last part on it after midnight on the 31st. So I had to sleep and take pics before heading to work. I'm just glad my wife likes it since she has to ride it. My favorite thing I did to it is the vynil covered chain...
  13. purple

Check out this local race

The Split Wig Rally Flyer I got at a local bike store says its for Fixed gear and single speeds. http://splitwig.tumblr.com/ Too bad I'll be at work.
  14. purple

got free stuff off CL

I saw the ad last night but had to wait till the wife got home from work as the kids were in bed. So I roll over after midnight in a dark quite semi-country neighborhood and load up the minivan. I needed bikes for the kids so some will get a rebuild and others are for parts. I do think the blue...
  15. purple

Some stash pics

Some may have seen pics of a few of my bikes in my intro. Here are more recent pics of stuff. First is the "head" light and tubes I scored at a yardsale for $11 about a week ago. Second is the free seats that need covers I got a few days ago from a friend at a local bike shop. Next are pics...
  16. purple

Siren rebuild?

Is it possible to rebuild or repair these? Currently it just spins free. Also, how are these supposed to be controlled? Other than the former owner using a wire to pull and hold by hand, is it supposed to be like a light generator?
  17. purple

NorCal back yard

Here's my little girl Lucy Furr waiting for a bird to get close enough.... It's a shot of Mt. Lassen from my back porch. I know I know, I need to cut the weeds.
  18. purple

my friends Kustom

So this car and sign painter friend does a lot of custom bodywork on cars, but he likes bikes too. Here is one he did for himself a few years back. Filled in the tank area, made custom fenders and molded them in, and since he is a master pinstriper he made the brush fender ornament. Of course he...
  19. purple

Picnic Time

Kind of a late start and not much time in my normal life to begin with, but I'm game. Probably won't finish in time but hey, it'll be fun. I'm gonna do the wife's trike, and the theme is Picnic. Yep, it'll have the best basket you've ever seen on a beat up bike. And last night I tore the...
  20. purple

Another "What frame is this?"

Here is the bike I'm gonna build for the wife, but at a loss about the frame. I found the bike in a friend's field I fitted the peddles and seat and cut off the rotted tires. The rest is as I found it.
Back