Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. DonOne

50 Huffman deluxe Western Flyer

We use a 50/50 mix of satin polyurethane and mineral spirits. You can wipe it on with a rag and it hardens well, a couple of coats will keep the rust off of your clothes (and everything else). It really brings out the original color and gives a slight sheen. The last batch we mixed, we used spar...
  2. DonOne

American Vintage Bicycle Supply

Best of luck!!! I am here for you, if you need me.
  3. DonOne

Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***

It was all worth it, it turned out great!!!! This is your best work yet. RAT ALL THE WAY!!!!!! :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  4. DonOne

The Pack Rat.

There is nothing boring about a classic diamond frame. I think they are an art form in their own right. I have one hanging in the garage that Double Nickel got that great looking JC Higging sprocket from. If he doesn't have plans for the frame (and while he is distracted with "build off #6) I...
  5. DonOne

My latest Build

Basti, You would be more than welcome to have it but "Double Nickel" has already grabbed it for one of his builds. Don
  6. DonOne

My latest Build

This little Ross Convertible was a $10 thrift store find. New wheels and tires and a lot of cleaning and polishing and it made a nice little bike for my 7 year old Grandson. Before After
  7. DonOne

Tire Source Dilemma (26 x 2.125) & (20 x 2.125)

Thanks Tailwinds, I rechecked this morning and my 20's are set to ship on Monday. I thought about ordering the 26's at that price, just to have them but I will wait until they restock. Man, I wish we had someone in Atlanta like the guy with the Columbia repops. I order on line but especially...
  8. DonOne

Tire Source Dilemma (26 x 2.125) & (20 x 2.125)

I just ordered 4 Cheng Shin 20x2.125 whitewalls from Niagra through Amazon.com and they were listed as in stock. Did you order the Cheng Shins? How long was it after you placed your order that they notified you they were out of stock? Did you order directly from Niagra or through Amazon? Sorry...
  9. DonOne

New Bike Hauler

I'll watch for the pictures, thanks.
  10. DonOne

New Bike Hauler

Cameron, Don't forget to measure the highest point on the bikes when loaded and keep that number in mind at low overpasses. Probably want be tall enough to be a problem. I like your idea. I'm thinking about building a rack that I can use with either of my 5X8 trailers. One is open and the other...
  11. DonOne

Hollywood Undead is Alive!!!

We will be praying that you get a good report from the Cardiologist!!! Hey, one smile like that, makes it worth all the knuckle busting and paint fumes.
  12. DonOne

Great to see the creativity on this site!

Welcome to this site! You are right, an amazing number of very talented people can be found here. I love your country, I visited there on a business trip and found it to be a beautiful place with very cordial people.
  13. DonOne

The Amsterback

Great job Rob!!! I saw it at BoneShaker this week when I was picking up my front wheel. If you saw any spots on the paint it was just where we were drooling over it. Does it ride as good as it looks? Did Hamlet tell you he's thinking of building a RRB? One more convert, maybe!!
  14. DonOne

I need ideas on where to go from here

I like it!!! :D :D :D That thing has "RAT" possibilities written all over it!! That is the best trike conversion kit I have seen.
  15. DonOne

Cycology Bicycles Cabin Fever Rat Rod Cycle Run

Many,Many thanks to Josh and everyone at Cycology Bike Shop. You guys are great. The bike show was the best! Great people, Great food and great bikes. I hope we can do it again. Be sure to let me know if I can ever do anything for you!!!
  16. DonOne

FINAL RRB NAME/LICENSE PLATE DESIGN (ORDER TODAY!)

Re: FINAL RRB NAME/LICENSE PLATE DESIGN! I stopped by a trophy shop today and checked out engraving for the bike tags. She said she would machine engrave up to three lines for no more than $3.00 each and would put black dye in the lettering so it would show up. I saw some silver aluminum plates...
  17. DonOne

schwinn kickstand question

Cameron, you got me to thinking so I took another look at my headbadge, it is screwed on. The screw slots were gunked up so they looked like rivets. It is my rat bike, so some gunk ain't a bad thing.
  18. DonOne

schwinn kickstand question

I have a '55 Schwinn Spitfire with a bolt on kickstand. I verified the year by serial number and the Spitfire headbadge is riveted on and shows no sign of having been changed out. I just got a '58 Schwinn girls frame for a build for my wife and it has a welded on kickstand. It seems like they...
  19. DonOne

Monark dropouts!

I ordered a set from Memory Lane this week and I think they still had one set left ($20 plus shipping). http://www.memorylane-classics.com Seemed like a lot but I needed them for a leaf spring front end I am making for my '55 Spitfire. I am going to try to use them to mark up a set on 1/4"...
  20. DonOne

rat rod sleds

Been there, done that, with a car hood. Back in the 50's we had a street half a block away that had a big hill on it and it dead ended into our street. There was a ditch we had to jump and then we had a large field to slow us down. We slid down that hill on anything we could find but the most...
Back