Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

For sale/ Pick Up Troy, Mi

Looking to clear out a lot of stuff that I never got to over the years. Located in Troy, Michigan, a couple miles off I-75, or could meet at the library/police station right off the highway. I really want this stuff gone. I can usually meet anytime during the day. I apologize as this is the...
  2. D

Hi Way Patrol

I picked this up in Ann Arbor a couple weeks ago. Hope these pictures work, haven't posted anything since the change. I dated it to 1958 from the columbia site. Looks like it had a tank at one point, and would love to find one for anyone who has one laying around. Haven't done anything to it...
  3. D

Pre-war Tricycle..Check this out

This is awesome, never seen one before. Thought I should share. http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/bik/2094993810.html
  4. D

Brooks Saddle Question

I've been wanting one for my road bike for some time but could never get myself to spend the money. I came across a used one at a shop for 50 bucks. It has some small cracks but seems to be in pretty good shape. Not that I really know what good shape is. I could also get a new B-17 for 100...
  5. D

Schwinn Continental and Varsity

So I started out loving the cruiser style bikes until I garbage picked a Schwinn Traveler and rigged a single speed out of it. Ever since I kinda fell in love with the old Schwinn 10 speeds, and wanted a yellow or green one, model really wasn't important to me. And somehow I ended up with...
  6. D

My first attempt at a single speed

Started with a garbage picked Schwinn Traveler III. It was sky blue, kinda rough but was eager to paint. No pictures of the progress but it came out good, until I took it camping in northern Michigan, the bike rack and the other bike did some damage...you live you learn I guess.
  7. D

My First Build

So i recently started this bike thing and and when my girlfriend found out that I was hoarding 6 or 7 bikes in my garage I figured the best way to turn her to the right side was to offer to build her a bike, maybe not build but paint and what not. Started with this Sears from CL. And I have...
  8. D

Ross Europa ?

I've had this for a few months now, from a garage sale. I really can't find any info on it on the web. All the Ross bikes I see are straight framed and I bought it because of it's frame. Thought it looked kinda cool. Any help would be appreciated, like the year?
  9. D

Valspar Paint?

Has anyone had any success with Valspar spray paint? I read back in some discussions and most people liked krylon, rustoleum, or dupli-color. Valspar seems to have more colors though, at least around my local area. I've used dupli-color and it was pretty expensive, I used alot of paint to get...
  10. D

CL buy today (sears and schwinn corvette)

I was looking for a bike for the girlfriend, and to fuel my addiction. 40$ for both, and the guy tossed in a bunch of random spare parts.
  11. D

New from Detroit

Hey everyone, just joined because I've become obsessed with older bikes about 6 months ago. I've talked about getting an old cruiser for a couple of years, and in the last 6 months I've managed to fill my garage with 6 bikes. I'm all over the place, with a couple of cruisers including my pride...
  12. D

Question on a part

Hey all, new to this forum and collecting bikes as well. Anyways, I was checking out some of the pics and noticed a part that I've never seen before and don't know the name of. It's the small metal piece that is attached to the fork and the front tire, which can adjust the front tire and...
Back