Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

For sale/ Pick Up Troy, Mi

The Columbia is sold. The rest is still available locally if someone stumbles across this. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. D

It’s a long shot after a year but this stuff is still for sale /trade. Had some interest to ship but unfortunately this is for pick up only. I cannot ship/don’t have the time. All is for sale/make an offer. All sales will have to be Saturday or Sunday though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. D

There's been a couple people interested in shipping. I would love to but can't guarantee anything. A baby on the way and seem to have my days filled with a to-do list. Anyone who reached out will have first priority if I can find the time to ship. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. D

Bump and additions. Make offers, I still would like this stuff gone. Columbia. $200 Sears all-state tire. Good tread left. $35 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. D

Looking to clear out a lot of stuff that I never got to over the years. Located in Troy, Michigan, a couple miles off I-75, or could meet at the library/police station right off the highway. I really want this stuff gone. I can usually meet anytime during the day. I apologize as this is the...
  6. D

THE FIRESTONE INSTA-RAT - FORK FIXED

Love the bike and couldn't imagine sitting through church thinking of the possibilities. But, not to get too far off topic...are these tires a hot item? I've had a pair of these Allstate safety thread NOS tires (2.125) that were hanging in my grandfathers garage eversince I was a kid. I...
  7. D

Hi Way Patrol

I picked this up in Ann Arbor a couple weeks ago. Hope these pictures work, haven't posted anything since the change. I dated it to 1958 from the columbia site. Looks like it had a tank at one point, and would love to find one for anyone who has one laying around. Haven't done anything to it...
  8. D

Teach The Children, Well ?

Fatkid nailed it, don't go too much into maintenance. You might reach a couple kids, who will quickly go home a try to fix their bike, and when kids try to fix their bike it ends up in pieces, and when it ends up in pieces you get angry parents, and when you get angry parents you get phone...
  9. D

Saved from a fence Row

PM sent
  10. D

Pre-war Tricycle..Check this out

This is awesome, never seen one before. Thought I should share. http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/bik/2094993810.html
  11. D

Brooks Saddle Question

I've been wanting one for my road bike for some time but could never get myself to spend the money. I came across a used one at a shop for 50 bucks. It has some small cracks but seems to be in pretty good shape. Not that I really know what good shape is. I could also get a new B-17 for 100...
  12. D

Schwinn Continental and Varsity

Well I guess they are not just cool enough
  13. D

Schwinn Continental and Varsity

So I started out loving the cruiser style bikes until I garbage picked a Schwinn Traveler and rigged a single speed out of it. Ever since I kinda fell in love with the old Schwinn 10 speeds, and wanted a yellow or green one, model really wasn't important to me. And somehow I ended up with...
  14. D

everything you ever needed to know about nothing

This guy is creepy! "It has a lot of things that I haven't figured out how they work yet...It actually has buttons that go up and down" Seems to me he has it all figured out!
  15. D

RatRodBike Fashion: Belt

That's awesome, but what about the matching shoes?
  16. D

Weird people on Craigslist - Tell your story

I have bought three bikes of CL and have never had any bad experiences. One guy was cooler then I could ever imagine, showed me his projects and even his cars, flat out said he didn't want to make money off of his bikes, just wanted them gone. I think he saw the younger version of himself in...
  17. D

My first attempt at a single speed

I know I know, the inner hipster is coming out in me with the bars. I actually had them down and gave them a try up to get the feeling before I cut them, i'm actually leaning towards the up position for comfort. This project was supposed to be as cheap as possible but with 40$ for tires, who...
  18. D

My first attempt at a single speed

Started with a garbage picked Schwinn Traveler III. It was sky blue, kinda rough but was eager to paint. No pictures of the progress but it came out good, until I took it camping in northern Michigan, the bike rack and the other bike did some damage...you live you learn I guess.
  19. D

My First Build

So i recently started this bike thing and and when my girlfriend found out that I was hoarding 6 or 7 bikes in my garage I figured the best way to turn her to the right side was to offer to build her a bike, maybe not build but paint and what not. Started with this Sears from CL. And I have...
  20. D

Ross Europa ?

Thanks a lot guys, Still know nothing nothing about the bike, just hanging in the garage until other projects are finished. And I tried to register on the oldtenspeed website but I guess i'm waiting for someone to send me a confirmation e-mail....That was weeks ago so I guess i'm not welcome...
Back