Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. dpbrown3000

Low Dog - finished bike

I posted on the wrong part of the forum before. Here is the newest Driftwood Cruiser - Low Dog #1 - and a few process photos. Baby blue, off-white, and black pin stripe on Maple. 2.25" of clearance. This bike rides like a dream. The steering is light. Ride is low and upright, quiet and...
  2. dpbrown3000

Low Dog - DwC

3. dpbrown3000

Low Dog - DwC

Here is the new DwC frame - Low Dog. I drew this shape over 2 years ago and finally made time to get the frame built. It's now being pin striped. I hope to have it rolling in the next few weeks. Hopefully the pictures post too...... ? The wood is hard Maple. The urethane will really make...
  4. dpbrown3000

DwC re-invented...

RRB'ers, Here are some pics of frame #9 re-invented. A fella in So Cal bought the bike 9 and had Mode Bikes build out the components. I must say they did a very fine job..... Props to Mode. The springer front end/larger head light are custom made. Frame #19 is going to the same shop next...
  5. dpbrown3000

The Black Pearl (FINISHED PICS)!!!!!!!!!!

Sick ride - I love the overall shape and stance of the bike. Looks killer.
  6. dpbrown3000

The 1941 Hesselberg DC-3

Old-shcool at it's finest - love the black and white pics.
  7. dpbrown3000

built on deployment

Nice build, my friend. Thanks for your service and for sharing your cool builds with the forum. My grandfather flew B-24's in WWII - I've always been a big fan of the 'Olive Drab' paint.
  8. dpbrown3000

1935 Monark 5 BAR "Deluxe 6 Rat Racer"

heck yeah - nice work bro. Good to see some top notch custom work here in the valley of the sun! You going to be at Tour De Fat Tempe wit dis bad boy? I'd like to see it in person.
  9. dpbrown3000

Driftwood Cruisers 10 and 11

Thanks to all for the kind words. This bike stuff is too much fun.......... Love it.
  10. dpbrown3000

Driftwood Cruisers 10 and 11

Here are the two new frame shapes. Both frames are mostly hollow and built to ride much like an everyday cruiser. Bike 10 is Maple with a red and black paint scheme. Bike 11 is Curly Cherry with a black and tan paint scheme. Bike 11 is my favorite bike yet - it found a loving home in San...
  11. dpbrown3000

Driftwood Cruiser IV - Old Dirty Chop'

Rat Rod, Yep - Speed Channel gave our booth some love at Barrett Jackson - pretty cool. Here are some final pics of bike IV - I opted to go with the beach bars on IV - V will be the chopper. I have some fun builds coming up. Several Walnut bikes and a quarter sawn Oak build. Hope all is...
  12. dpbrown3000

MY NEW PROTOTYPE NOW IN COLOR!!

Re: my new prototype Dig it! Nice work - I really like the rear fork setup that has the bottom fork piece below the chain opposed to splitting the chain.
  13. dpbrown3000

Driftwood Cruiser #1

Rats, Please come see us at Barrett Jackson if you are anywhere near Scottsdale, Az on Jan. 17-23 - It should be a wild good time. If not, visit the new web-site at - http://www.driftwoodcruisers.com - I am planning some really cool new bikes for 2011. Look for the "Les Paul" bike - finished...
  14. dpbrown3000

The web site is up - it needs some polishing and I need to add more pics of the bikes, but it is on-line - http://www.driftwoodcruisers.com - Check the "friends" link - Thanks Rat Rod for the killer forum. Also - Bikes 5,6,and 7 are in production - I'm going to do some different stuff with all...
  15. dpbrown3000

Stretched Hawthorne Based Beach Cruiser

Dude, that is a really sweet shape - I like it alot. Very clean and simple with organic lines. The one thing that may or may not be an issue is the riding position - it looks really short from the seat to the crank.? Maybe it's just that the bike is so long. Beautiful Bike! Nice work.
  16. dpbrown3000

C.P. - Soon -I hope. I'll catch up with you when we do. I tried to hit you up on e-mail??? Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll get your contact info. iRide - I'm mixed on the apes myself. My wife thought it was a joke. ?? My 3 yr. old daughter said " dada's bike looks...
  17. dpbrown3000

Here is the new frame shape - should be able to do alot with this shape. It is built from quartered African Mahogany. The ape hangers are fun but this frame works well with pretty much any cruiser style bars. I want to put a 3 or 7 speed hub on the next bike - may add 2-4* of rake too. I'll...
  18. dpbrown3000

Driftwood Cruisers II and III

Here are some new pics of the Mahogany frame bike ( #2 ). I've put 3" tires and a Brooks seat on this bike. The Brooks seats are the bomb! They look good, ride well, and add alot to a bike. Here too is a pic of the new frame shape with some ape hanger bars. Happy New Year to everyone.
  19. dpbrown3000

Ultra Lightweight Cruizer Built From Scratch

Nice build - all the custom work can really be appreciated on this site. So I've been looking to outfit my bikes with "made in USA" components. There are indeed companies that make amazing components but I can't find a good coaster hub - any plans to sell your custom components? If so, we...
  20. dpbrown3000

Driftwood Cruisers II and III

HOLY BIKEASAURUS REX! Those are..... well, those are wild looking. In cabinetry, furniture, and now bikes, I've always gone for the "less is more" approach. I feel about these bikes like I do about figure skating - I respect the hard work and talent but don't care for the product. Not...
Back