Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. harquahalas

removing spray paint from hand grips

Can it be done? I picked up a bike with what looked like a nice set of Schwinn slimline grips. On closer inspection, they had some streaks of yellow on them. On yet closer inspection, I realized it's a nice set of lemon yellow grips spray painted black :x The paints on there good. Suggestions...
  2. harquahalas

Writing 100 songs in 100 days and recording

Might as well put my current music project up here. My wife thought I should do it to get my creative juices flowing. Song 60 is probably my favorite so far. Getting hard to put that much time in each day though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eWBF6-o1Pk http://creativefiresongs.blogspot.com/
  3. harquahalas

my new ride....

is not a rat.
  4. harquahalas

Not for fun.

Moved to WA, but some of these may be going to a friend back in AZ.
  5. harquahalas

What years were the different Schwinn sticks used?

Trying to find what range of years each of these sticks would be appropriate for.
  6. harquahalas

Adding a 5-speed stick to a repop gray ghost krate?

Anyone know if any mods would need to be made to use a Schwinn stickshifter on a repop 5-speed Krate with the Sturmey internal hub?
  7. harquahalas

Murray 24" BMX

This just came in the mail from Tin today. I found a RedLine stem and bars in my bar box that I put on, the originals were pretty scratched up. I've been wanting a 24" BMX for a while. Hopefully I can pick up a higher quality one some day, but this will feed the need for now. The price was...
  8. harquahalas

Custom mens CWC Luxury Liner (pic overkill)

I couldn't help taking so many pics. I posted a quick pic when it was first rideable. Finally got it mostly together. Still need to paint and attach the headlight and get a brake lever and cable. Both the front and rear hubs are for heavier spokes, so I added some brass washers. Schwinn...
  9. harquahalas

Finished...40s Schwinn and CWC...girls

The CWC is my wife's...posted before, but I finally got the tank, headlight and rack added. The rack is off a 37 Columbia. The Schwinn is one I did for my neighbor. I really should start taking before pics. These were both quite rusty and trashed when I started. Any ideas on converting a...
  10. harquahalas

Columbia Apache and Raleigh non-folder

I really like the Columbia frame with the extended frame ornament. Raleigh has a generator hub for the lights.
  11. harquahalas

Huffy skip tooth tank bike and Monark

I don't know if the Huffy is original or rat. The Monark was pieced together.
  12. harquahalas

Schwinn Skipper and Columbia Fire Arrow

Thought it might be better to list 2 at a time. Here's today's post. The Skipper is a 24".
  13. harquahalas

JC Higgins lugged cantilever

....and second post of the day.
  14. harquahalas

Hiawatha Navajo 24"

Here's my first fresh finds post of the day. It has aluminum fenders.
  15. harquahalas

Roadmaster somethingarather?

No model name on this one.
  16. harquahalas

Murray Strato Line

...and another
  17. harquahalas

Columbia Firebolt

Here's another one.
  18. harquahalas

JC Higgins Jet Flow

I will probably keep posting one or two of my finds each day. Don't want to overload the fresh finds section, I took over 85 pics yesterday :D
  19. harquahalas

24" Colson looptail

Here's another from the group.
  20. harquahalas

Evans 500 Interceptor

Finally got all the bikes out for some real pics. I like this one, it has square edged fenders.
Back