Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. A

Electra Bikes - How tall do I have to be?

My 14yo son rides my Super Deluxe all the time with no problem and he's about 5'5". The seat could even be lowered some too.
  2. A

It was a very good Christmas! (EDIT!)

After seeing this new color in the catalog I am almost regretting mine so early. I still like my blue Super Deluxe but that color is really sweet. So I noticed you changed the tires, saddle and grips, headlight and ditched the wheel reflectors. Did I miss anything?
  3. A

Mini Cooper

This is my daily driver. It is a 2010 "justacooper". What it lacks in horsepower it more than make up in handling. I'd almost say that it'll out handle my Porsche. It's comfortable for short and long haul driving and on my last 300+ mile road trip it got almost 50mpg with the cruise control set...
  4. A

ANY ARTIST HERE ?

I sent this one to a local hobby store in hopes that it either sells or brings in business... its painted inside out as with most all R/C car bodies
  5. A

Smoking rant

While I hate the smell of cigarettes, I do believe people have the right to smoke as long as it doesn't affect my right to breath. My pet peeve is stopping at stop signs and stop lights and seeing piles of old butts dumped out. I also don't care for driving down the road and having a cigarette...
  6. A

ANY ARTIST HERE ?

Per my sig, I'm an airbrush artist. I've done quite a few shirts and R/C cars amung other items. My new direction will be more toward the fine art side of things though I'll probably still keep to my trasportation stuff but pin-ups have always been a fancy of mine. My wesite is...
  7. A

newbie to mods

There really isn't much wrong with the paint beside a few scrapes and scratches from the past 16 years. I just want to paint a bicycle and she'd probably like something more feminine. Next up will be some fatter and smoother tires and fenders. Yeah, bigj, I know my limits. I gave it a shot and...
  8. A

newbie to mods

Here's the bike I'm working on... My wife likes it so far. New seat, rack, stem, bars and grips. Maybe I'll paint it this winter.
  9. A

newbie to mods

Well, so far I haven't done so well. The seat, stem and bars were a breeze but I gave up on all the darned cables. Putting an adjustable stem and 5" riser bars on my wife's 18 year old hybrid Schwinn was more work than I had imagined. There just wasn't enough cable to use. I've sent the bike to...
  10. A

"The Salt Shaker" update 8/1 finshed

Re: "The Salt Shaker" update 7/12 Pinstriped! HotRodJen, I'm becoming a big fan of yours. Because Rustoleum is an oil based paint, it flows as it dries basically self leveling. Krylon is acrylic so it needs to be put on in wetter coats. I usually spray one or two mist coats to seal then two or...
  11. A

Artwork & Pinstriping update! 4/7/11

Re: Artwork & Pinstriping update 7/5 wow, nice work! I've always wanted to have the skills to pinstripe. One may be able to learn the technical skills, but the design work is way harder.
  12. A

Show us them cars!

Here's my Rat-in-Progress...
  13. A

Where to buy new parts?

My wife has a hybrid Schwinn from just about 20 years ago. The bike works fine but she wants to make it more comfortable. The seat was an obvious choice but now I'm looking at bringing the front up a bit more. The handle bars have been raised as far as they'll go but that's not enough. I've been...
  14. A

Electra Bicycle Pics

The Fink is a three speed already.
  15. A

Thinking of taking the plunge into cruisers

I'm an out of shape 40 year old who just did 10+ miles Sunday with my kids. My bike is a new Electra Super Deluxe. When we got back, I wasn't feeling the lest bit tired but that may have been due to the refreshing thunderstorm we rode through. My First commute on the bike was a very hilly 8 mile...
  16. A

Giving a skate helmet tweed/steampunk style?

Got an airbrush? A couple of similar colors (grays or browns) and some fabric screen material will create a nice faux tweed. You may even be able to do this with a rattle can. Spray one color over the whole helmet and let dry. Hold the screen material (can also be done with lace for the girls)...
  17. A

Single speeds rule! (because derailleurs hate me)

I don't think I could do a single speed. With the hills I have around here, the three speed is barely enough. Someday I may change out my 3i for a 7 or 8i.
  18. A

WICKER BASKETS?

gerat ideas, guys. I'm still trying to find just the right item to mount to my cruiser's rear rack. I've even thought about something like this... http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/17 ... v_XSG10001
  19. A

Eric's flyer

Real Porsche's are aircooled. That bike is cool though.
  20. A

has chrome paint gotten any better? which brand?

There are some great chrome paints on the market now but most are not rattle can. Even then they require more preperation. The surface must be super smooth or you'll see every flaw. My smooth, I mean polished clear coat smooth. They should be used over black too. Here's one spay chrome that I've...
Back