Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. tgriffin27

BMX Z-MAG Wheels Advice

Found these on craigslist for 50 bucks and was thinking about buying these wheels and tires and putting them on my Hutch. Do you guys think this is a good deal or should I try and talk him down on price? http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/bik/1783178721.html
  2. tgriffin27

1975 Schwinn Stingray

Just drove two hours to pick this up tonight and then two hours back home :-) I am glad I did it looks better in person then it did in the picture she posted on CL.
  3. tgriffin27

Is this Schwinn Cruiser SS a old bike or repop

Never heard of a Cruiser SS till I read this CL ad today. Did they make this bike in the 50's or 60's he says it is old in his ad. If it is old it looks good for it's age and I want to buy it. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/bik/1759366508.html
  4. tgriffin27

Bought a Industrial Trike Today

Found this on CL it was only 5 miles from my house. Will need tires, the paint job looks crappy, and I don't know who makes it, but it rides soo good. It has no puncture tubes in it with no valve stems. Looks like its going to be a pain to get these tires off of it. Weird looking indentions...
  5. tgriffin27

Bought these off the junk man today

The junk man passed me today saw a bike wheel in the back of his truck. I turned around and chased him down till he stopped. This is what i got off his truck. Murray Three Speed with 5 sprockets don't know whats going on there? Schwinn World Tourist(Taiwan Built) :cry: Magna Bike another...
  6. tgriffin27

Early 80's Schwinn BMX frame ID help please

Found this frame while I was going threw some old boxes. I bought this frame around1993 from a guy I used to work with. I had forgotten I had this frame :-) Serial Number FU5065xx Thanks for looking and sorry about the last two pics my camera really is crappy at times.
  7. tgriffin27

Well i am finally riding on three wheels

Found these on cl yesterday went to go see them today. I just wanted the sun trike. But he wanted to sell the three speed girls bike as a package deal. Well I saw this huffy laying against a horse trailer(It was his wife's) and he asked if it was for sale. Well I didn't get the basket or the...
  8. tgriffin27

I think i got lucky today

As some of you may know i have been looking for a cruiser bike. I really really want the op cruiser at wally world but don't like the hub issues it has right out of the box. Haven't been to my favorite thift store in a couple of weeks so I decided to go today and found me a cruiser bike. Needs...
  9. tgriffin27

1936 Wards Hawthorne Motobike It's a 20 footer

Just got back from buying the bike. I guess i should have rode it before i bought it(NEWBIE MISTAKE) Sometimes the crank turns ten times and sometimes it takes twenty times before the hub will catch and move. Once you get it moving you may go ten feet you may go 50 before it lets go and starts...
  10. tgriffin27

Living Dead Girl

Been going back and forth since May 1'st trying to decide what bike to build. Until two days ago? I never saw a girls frame being used for buildoff 5, so that's why i decided to build this 1960's J.C. Higgin's. It's going to be a slow build as i messed up my shoulder last week and will be...
  11. tgriffin27

Brand New and Cheap Slick Rear Tire For Your Schwinn Krates

Just ran into this website looking for parts for my bike. They have 20x2.125 duro slicks for $18.00 each http://www.raleighronsclassics.com/5bic ... dware.html http://www.raleighronsclassics.com/imag ... lick_4.jpg
  12. tgriffin27

What Do RRB Members Think of The NBHAA

I had never been to the nbhaa website before a few minutes ago and the guy knows alot of stuff and seems to be very helpful. I sent him a letter last week after i won the auction for my prewar packard with the only 4 pics i had. Here is the letter he sent me back " Hello... Beware of anything...
  13. tgriffin27

1974 Matthews MS-1 Monoshock Frame

Ran into a old friend the other day and asked him if he still had this bike at his house. This bike was rust free,looked new,use to sit in his garage years ago and it was a complete bike. When I went to go pick it up it was outside laying on the ground and this was all that was left. Hoping...
  14. tgriffin27

Coaster Brake Challenge(This Race Is Awesome)

This race was in california in january of this year. I am posting this because it is a great race for our cruiser bikes. I wish we had races like this here in North Carolina instead of bmx tracks. Post what you guys think of this race and maybe members here that live in the same state can get...
  15. tgriffin27

2 folding Red Bikes with tool kits

2 folding Red Bikes with tool kits for sale near my house. Are they worth $100 for both of them? I don't know much about folding bikes, but I think they are really cool!
  16. tgriffin27

1951 Schwinn Spitfire

Found this for sale today for 50 dollars and wondering if anyone can tell me what year it is. Nice sweetheart sprocket on it also :-). The guy who is selling it thinks it is in the 40's, my guess is in the 30's maybe.
  17. tgriffin27

CL Finds today one seems to be a western auto bike

Just picked these up after work today Says Western flyer on The seat. Sold by western auto on the front tag. This look exactly like a roadmaster i have Says foremost on the head badge. Huffy? Cant find any tags but has a cool front fender on it :-) Schwinn Traveler looks great brakes have...
  18. tgriffin27

Pre-War Schwinn Packard

I finally got the bike in the mail today after paying for it three and half weeks ago. It was packed terribly the skiptooth sprocket was hanging out of the box when it got to me and two or three teeth are going to have to be deburred if I decide to use this sprocket(looks to have been drug on...
  19. tgriffin27

Middletimer New to Rat Rodding

Been collecting bmx bikes since 2004. Found this site and i am HOOKED on rat rods!!! I am beginning to sell off my collection and I am going to try my hand at building some frames and restoring old bikes. Just Bought a welder after reading uncle stretches posts, he makes it look sooo easy. I am...
  20. tgriffin27

1958 Schwinn built BF Goodrich Bike?

Saw this guys add on craiglist and i like the bike but I don't know if it is worth 149 dollars http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/bik/1665574657.html (Here is the add he wrote) Hello I have a nice Very Rare,26'' SCHWINN BUILT BF GOODRICH 1958 TANK, WITH HORN, Bicycle for sale. This RARE...
Back