Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. G

FORK TUBE TOO LONG SOLUTION

I see posts on here on problems you guys have when fork tube is too long. Here is a solution. Measure the tube and see how much too long it is. 1 1/4'' Black iron gas pipe without a seam on the inside will slide right over the tube so all you have to do is cut a piece the length that you...
  2. G

DFBO PROJECT DONE

Well looks like i made it before the deadline. I started out with an old bmx frame and gathered parts from my barn. the only thing i had to buy was paint and a couple of metric nuts. Check out the prayin mantis on the back tire waiting for flies to land so he could have lunch. the first picture...
  3. G

DFBO PROJECT

I guess i will do a DFBO so here is a picture of the frame that i'm going to start with. I'm not sure yet what i'm going to do to it till i scronge thru the barn for parts to put it together. after preassembly i will pick a color. [/img]
  4. G

Head Tube Too Long?

I'm sure a lot of you have a problem with the head tube being too long when you change forks. Last week I built a rat rod and used a 26"" springerfork that was too long. I went to one of the local bike shops and found that threadless forks have spacers, they come in different sizes and I put two...
  5. G

RAT ROD PROJECT

i had this old bike and didn't know what to do with it till i found this site. i have no idea what kind of bike it is. it is a 20'' with a 3 piece crank, germany maybe. i decided to ratrod it so i dug around in the barn for some old parts and put it together. here are some pictures. I PUT IT ON...
  6. G

Hi, i just joined this forum and think its a gr8 site. i read a reply from ratrod that said its a good idea to post an intro of myself or people on this site won't trust a newmember. i have been selling on ebay for about 8 years and over 500 positive feedback, and a couple of negatives (you...
  7. G

RAT OR RESTORE

HI, I JUST JOINED THIS FORUM AND AM LIKING IT A LOT. I LIKE ORIGINAL OLD BIKES BUT SOMETIMES I FIND ONE THAT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT LIKE THE LITTLE 20'' I HAVE HERE. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT KIND OF BIKE IT IS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW. I MAY JUST RAT THIS ONE OUT, I HAVE ABOUT 500 OLD BIKES SO I HAVE...
Back