Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. O

1964 Belknap Bluegrass T-Bird (Huffy)

The Belknap Bluegrass deal with Huffy goes way back to the balloon tire bikes.
  2. O

I hate Hello's

I refuse to be associated with the Dave and Vince clown show.
  3. O

Who Makes These?

Thanks guys! This Roadmaster I found must have been very near the end of production in Illinois from the looks of it. Sad stuff :(
  4. O

Who Makes These?

Last week on my regular dumpster diving route I found this Roadmaster in the trash bins, it says Made In USA on it, a real oddity around here, never found a USA bike before, always cheap Chinese junk that we breathe new life into. Took a lot of elbow grease to bring it to this condition, new...
  5. O

Free find today

You can pin it down even further........beneath the 2 digit number will be another number that corresponds with the month it was built, if its a 6 or 7 then it was built in June or July :)
  6. O

Schwinn Trike

I had a very similar trike except mine was green and only single speed. I don't know if it was just mine or others too but it felt extremely tippy when you rode it, almost harder to keep straight then a two wheeler. Nice find though, if you decide to sell it mine fetched 85 dollars without the...
  7. O

Give Away Weekend

We had our annual give away weekend the last two days, anything you no longer wanted got dragged to the curb and if it had a "free" sign on it then it was fair game for anyone to grab it. I scored this 1959 Eatons Glider 3speed, almost mint condition, right down to the original tires, I loaded...
  8. O

What Am I ?

Thanks for the help folks :) I knew it was a Deelite but I was unsure what to call that type of bike, its a bit outta my normal standards. I thought of the banana seat and sissy bar and Eclipse confirmed what I thought. The bike will stay together and I'll try and sell it locally...maybe I'll...
  9. O

What Am I ?

This is a fresh find from last summer........found this completely disassembled and tossed in a dumpster, I didn't object to climbing in and fishing everything out :) My friend and I rebuilt it, put it back together and now we're not sure what it is!The rear wheel is a 24inch 2.25 tire, the...
  10. O

CCM**** now with pics****

Hmmm I've never asked about rims...... this is the bike shop near me where I get the 28s, see if they have :) http://bikesandbeyond.ca/
  11. O

CCM**** now with pics****

Up here in Manitoba I have no trouble finding 28 inch tires for my old CCM bikes, at least 5 different treads to choose from, ranging in price from 15-30 dollars.
  12. O

Good deal?? Zenith Bicycle

Zenith was the storebrand bike for Marshall Wells Hardware stores, not sure who built them though.
  13. O

Short Kids Anyone?

I found this neat old trike today for 2 dollars at a yard sale, I'm not at all a trike guy but I couldn't pass this up. I'm thinking someone got really inventive when he realized his youngster couldn't reach the pedals, gotta love things like that!
  14. O

Ranger

Many moons ago there was a hardware chain in Texas selling bikes badged I believe "Texas Ranger"......I've never seen one myself, only read the posts on it over at the CABE. Could this be one of them?
  15. O

Park Tools..

Hey, I found that exact same seat on a rowing machine, was wondering what to do with it, now I know! Thanks for the mini bike tip :D
  16. O

A Few Trash Finds From The Last Month

I've been pretty lucky this summer finding great trashed bikes, an unusual amount of 10 speed road bikes......couldn't give them away ten years ago, now everyone wants them! The BeeKay 3 speed was pretty neat too, if the Sturmey hub was correct with the bike it pegs it as a 1970.
  17. O

Huffy springer

When you find your serial number it should read like this: first will be a number, then the letter "H", followed by the rest of the serial number. That number in front of the H will be the last digit of the year it was built.Lets say its the number 8, then you know it was built in 1948, 58, 68...
  18. O

Picked these today at work

Super Cycle is the Canadian Tire instore brand, made for them by I believe CCM. Not a real high quality bike I'm afraid...
  19. O

true farmer engineered Monark rocket Tandem?

That actually looks good now, I wouldn't touch that paint at all. Too bad you took off the shotgun seat, I wanted to be the guinea pig on the bailing wire! :wink:
  20. O

true farmer engineered Monark rocket Tandem?

Are you sure you didn't get that Monark from Red Green? No, wait, thats duct tape! :lol:
Back