Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. fatkid

It's been a while...

While I didn't post very often, I used to be quite active on the forums here. I hope to come back on a more regular basis.
  2. fatkid

What's your favorite pedal?

My buddy and I were talking about old school pedals and we really couldn't think of any "cool" pedals. Were they all just basic ones that came with the bike? Was there any kind of aftermarket for pedals?
  3. fatkid

Did I miss the rules for the new build off?

Was there ever a decision for what the theme of the new build off would be and what the rules were? If there was, I missed it...
  4. fatkid

Mystery Road Bike- What is it?

I was given this bike in trade and have no idea what it is. It's pretty light, so I figure it may be chromoly. It has Shimano derailleurs, Suntour shifters, Weinmann brakes and Campagnolo hubs. I can't find any markings on the frame and It's driving me crazy. The dropouts are chrome and the rear...
  5. fatkid

My Kickstarter Project

So, I really like pens. And, I work in a machine shop as a designer. So, I designed a machined pen and we put it on Kickstarter. We funded half of our goal in less than 12 hours. :shock: Check it out! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kar ... chined-pen
  6. fatkid

Can't find a bike from the site

When I first started lurking on the site years ago, I saw a build where a guy built a cool reverse trike that had A-arms, I think, and was really cool. I really want to find that post again, but I can't find it with the search feature. Anyone remember? First one to find it gets a internet...
  7. fatkid

Christmas Photo for Work

I work in a custom machine shop and here is the photo we are using for our Christmas cards. Enjoy! I'm behind the front wheel.
  8. fatkid

Stingray handle bar measurements

I am looking to buy some bars for my wife's Fairlady that I am putting together for Christmas. Does anyone know what the measurement (rise and width) were for these? Thanks in advance.
  9. fatkid

Cool Story (need your help)

I was talking to an older family friend, Tom, who lives in the neighborhood where I (and my mother) grew up and the conversation turned to the bicycle that I put together for my Mom for Christmas last year. Mom rode the bike all over the neighborhood and he was riding his old Murray built...
  10. fatkid

I want to build one of these, need help

Ever since I first saw one of these, I have wanted one, badly. But, at ~$1600 and a limited addition, it wasn't going to happen. I do now have a Worksman frame and a wheelset that I like, but can't seem to zero in on some of the other components. I want to go with 3-piece cranks, but I can't...
  11. fatkid

Stem for Worksman INB

So, I am looking for a quality , ie, not stamped, stem for my worksman newsboy. I haven't really seen anything new available online and my LBS is clueless. Any suggestions?
  12. fatkid

If only they made...

I am searching out some information from everyone here at the forums. I am a designer at a custom machine shop and I would like to start making some really cool bike parts and would like to know what you would like to be able to buy, if it were available. I want to come up with stuff that looks...
  13. fatkid

Found a bike, what should I do?

Here's the skinny. Someone dumped a bike in my front yard, in my bushes. It's a 24" Trek Antelope 820 that has seen better days, but could be made serviceable. My question is, what should I do? Should I tell the police about the dumped bike, or should I just use it for parts? Somebody dumped a...
  14. fatkid

iPhone case I designed

My boss liked the machined speedsters I designed, so he gave the okay for the case I designed for the iPhone 4G. We have sold a few and I am really exited about it. Since Flickr broke the way to post photos, check it out here. http://www.karaskustomsonline.com/?p=161 So what do the ratrodders...
  15. fatkid

1980 Mystery Schwinn and a Raleigh 20

I found this bike at a local thriftstore and quickly called my buddy harcuvar who dated it for me as a 1980. No other decals though. Pretty sure that it is a Varsity, but not sure. Any Ideas? Thought this was cool as well. At least that sticker didn't wash off. :roll: Here's the Raleigh 20...
  16. fatkid

One of my designs featured on Make Magazine's blog!

So, to make a long story short, I work in a custom machine shop (I am a product designer by training) and had the idea to make some little machined hot rods. My boss thought it was a cool idea, so we made a bunch. Then, nothing. We couldn't sell any and I felt like my boss thought it was a bad...
  17. fatkid

Hello from AZ!

I have been lurking on this forum for at least a year and finally decided to post up an intro, mainly because my brother in law, harquahalas, has been posting like mad ever since I showed him the site and it's starting to make me look bad. :lol: A little about me, I grew up in AZ and got my...
Back