Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. G

Cool Sign for Fat Tire Ale

Wish I could. But he did ask me if I wanted a poster of the same with all the information about the Michigan debut on it. He bought me 3 2'x3' ones. I kept one, one to my son and final one to brother-in-law. Go to your local beer distributor, ask if you can have a poster (they print them at...
  2. G

Cool Sign for Fat Tire Ale

New Belgium is being distributed for the first time in Michigan this week and a family member who works in the beverage industry got this metal sign for me and some posters of the same. Couple of cool t-shirts too. Gotta find a good place to hang it by the bikes. Brian
  3. G

A couple of old ladies followed me home

I found these two on CL the other day. I'm starting to get into some of the women's bikes just because they have a certain design and style that makes them unique. I wouldn't doubt that they get more collectable and we may regret tearing some of these up for men's parts. I see more and more...
  4. G

*Another 12 bike finds!*

If you do a search in the Fresh Finds section, I have a post on the old Mahawold bike shop there in Mankato. Used to be a Harley and Indian dealer at one time. There's some cool pics too of all the old bikes. Wouldn't be incredible if your bike was actually in one of the old photos?! Brian
  5. G

Bike for my daughter's birthday

She recently said she would like an old bike like mine for her birthday in May (we have the same birthday day) so I found this one for her. I think it is about a 58 to 1960 according to some ads I spotted. It basically just needed some cleaning, polishing, some wax and threw on a new seat (she...
  6. G

A good saturday find or what

Did you find that in Michigan? The sticker on the rear fender is from "Sandy Pines Resort" here in West Michigan. Here's the site with that logo. Brian. You must be Rob's buddy from GH. http://www.sandypines.com/
  7. G

Mahowald Cycle Co.

I had a hard time getting this photo up clearly. Here is a link to the site with other bike shop photos. Maybe one of you who are more techno then me can put some on the forum. Thanks. http://reflections.mndigital.org/cdm/se ... osuppress/
  8. G

Mahowald Cycle Co.

I was digging around in the Bike Barn (see some of my old posts) and I found this bike with a head badge that read "Mahowald Cycle Co." It is an old skip tooth. It had two other screws where another headbadge was removed. I think this one is the original. Anyway, I researched and found that...
  9. G

Brought 14 home tonight Wife says they must go

Thanks Rob, Sorry about the phone dying. I'll get in touch with you this week and we'll work out a way to pick up the Ranger. Thanks again and good luck on the rest of the find. Brian
  10. G

Another Amazing Raleigh

I normally only like balloon tire bikes but this year I have come to really like these Brits and the quality they represent. They are kind of a golden era of bicycling. I might start buying some of these just for those reasons. And that one you have is incredible! A work of art in my...
  11. G

Cool looking new bike

Spotted this one. Kind of a mix of old school and rat rod with a bit of urban bike thrown in. Brian. http://www.vanguard-designs.com/Biscotti.html Click on the links to their other bikes. Cruisers and stretchers. Neat stuff.
  12. G

Scrap Yard Dog

Bump for new photo and bike.
  13. G

Scrap Yard Dog

The windmill photo seemed too travel brochure to me so here's another one for consideration. It was taken at the local scrap metal yard. Thanks, Brian. Didn't know how to delete whole post.
  14. G

ELECTRA AMSTERDAM BALLOON 8D

Cool ride Steve. Looks like a mini Pashley Guv'nor! Sure to be a attention getter riding around. Thanks for saying how much it ran. I know sometimes guys don't put down what they paid due to resale but it's good to know if I am paying way too much for a bike. I just paid in the 350 range for...
  15. G

Roadmaster Luxury Liner Auction find

I spotted this at a site last week that usually doesn't have a lot of bikes, or not much of interest anyway. They normally have lots of store liquidations and industrial equipment. So I had to bid on this because the price was right. I have had mixed feelings in the past concerning repros but...
  16. G

'56 Jetflow

Nice find Jeff. I think those are one of the coolest designed bikes. I think I like them more than a Colorflow. Has that X53 look to it. Congrats. Brian
  17. G

Tire question

Looks great! Like the personal touch on the chainguard. So those are 700c on 26 rims. I assume that most of the road bikes out there today use the metric 700c as the standard size tire. I see a lot of guys refer to Schwalbe tires for the Pashley look. Thanks. Brian
  18. G

Tire question

I am thinking of building a Pashley style bike and had a question. I see that many of the cream tires that guys are using are the 700 c size tires. Is that the same as a 28" or close to it? Can you use a 700 or 28" on a standard 26 inch frame without fenders? For example, if I was to get a...
  19. G

Let's see your Pashley Guv'nor style bikes!

These are incredible! I just happened to be surfing the forum and spotted this thread. I have never heard of this style and I googled it to see the history of it. You guys are to be commended for your artistic talent. I noticed that a lot of the posts are from Europe and UK. Apparently this...
  20. G

Columbia 5-Star Superb

I'm a sucker for tank bikes and I look at the forum every day. I have to admit, that one is one of the coolest bikes I have seen come through in awhile. Just classic lines, paint, tank, the key, looks totally complete and is the epitome of what makes a great 50's deluxe bike. In my opinion of...
Back