Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. sssidewinder

SoCal CicLAvia Event Dec. 8 San Fernando Valley

Thought some of you in the SoCal area might be interested...happening this Sunday Dec. 8. Here's a link with all the details: https://www.ciclavia.org/ciclavia_thevalley_19
  2. sssidewinder

1980 Schwinn Sidewinder Single Speed

This was a recent CL find. The serial number is MRxxxxxx which makes it an '80. I haven't broke it down yet to check the date codes on the parts. Kinda weird because all the Sidewinders i've seen were either 1982 or 83 and multi-speed (5 or 10). I bought it from the original owner. The...
  3. sssidewinder

'82 Cruiser 5, Two Dirty Sidewinders, and a Rat

Here's the last four bikes in my stable that i haven't shown yet. First, an all original 1982 Schwinn Cruiser 5 (even has the OG Studded Ballon tires in good shape). Next is a '82 Sidewinder 5-speed. It's in decent shape...not a showpiece, but not a beater either :mrgreen: Mostly...
  4. sssidewinder

Kopper Klunker

This was the first bike i built from scratch ...about 6 months ago. Started with a 1980 Schwinn Cruiser frame and forks. Stripped the old crusty paint and sprayed it with Dupli Color Metal Specks Burnt Copper.(looks pretty kool...about as close a match to Schwinn coppertone as i could find in a...
  5. sssidewinder

'49 Schwinn Straightbar Cruiser

Howdy folks. Here's a pic of my most recent build. (i still need to snap some pics of my other bikes....i'm lazy i guess) Anyways... I picked up this '49 straightbar frame. Someone had re-painted part of it with house paint :o . My initial plan was to just strip it and respray it. However, i...
  6. sssidewinder

Newbie from SoCal

Hi there fellow bike enthusiasts! Just found this forum today and i must say it's AWESOME! :D My name is Paul. I've been a bike nut for years. Started with the BMX stuff in the 80's. Had a mountain bike after that. Got burned out with the MB....it just hung around in the garage for...
Back