Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 59punk

Mr. Higgins created a Rose City Boardtracker

I loved this old decrepit building right by my house in North Portland, Oregon. This is my Rose City Rocketeer build mid way. Kind of like it better all ratty!
  2. 59punk

1936 Shelby Cadillac & sweetheart skiptooth

Just scored this for $40 off Craigslist. I talked him into throwing in the sweetheart skiptooth no charge. The patina is awesome!! I orginally just wanted the pre-war truss rod forks for my boardtrack build but I feel like I would burn eternally to seperate this beauty. I really want to build it...
  3. 59punk

more white tire options

Just ran across these in Hawaii. I was looking all over for some all whites for my boardtracker. Here ya go: http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBC ... spid=57661
  4. 59punk

mountain bike chop......1st throw at custom frame

So, if you have seen any of my other builds, you know I leave frames alone for the most part,but back in 2004 I got a Giant mtb for free and just could see myself on it. I never got a before picture because, well it was just plain ugly! I can tell you it was a 1997ish Giant mountain bike. I cut...
  5. 59punk

one ratty rod of a bike

my JC Higgins on the way to the Rose City Rocketeer and an old local grocery store that closed down years ago.
  6. 59punk

The Stargazer

named by my wife, this thing was gonna be a buildoff bike but I just got busy on it and here's how it started. and this is how it's looking so far.
  7. 59punk

Black Death Boardtracker

I started of with a Worksman. I've painted it, put on all whites, flipped the bars and threw on some old forks I had lying around. Just bent up my truss rods and need to cut them so I can put on the axle mounts. More to come.
  8. 59punk

for the BMX lovers out there

I try to ride BMX at least once a week and progress my riding, a little hard to due working 50+ hours a week. I have taken many shots lately. Here's a few of me:
  9. 59punk

Hometown Hero

so here is the finished product. Hope people like it. I went a little more modest than I originally planned but I like it.
  10. 59punk

80's Profile BMX frame

I don't have any serial numbers and the welds look pretty hagard for something with the Profile name. I am thinking of keeping it but I'm debating selling or trading for a nice prewar bike. It's got a looptail rear end and still has the original "Profile" stickers.
  11. 59punk

need help identifying....can't find serial # anywhere

I traded in some ladies frames I had for this. any ideas what it is? it had a pretty distinctive rear end especially the dropouts.
  12. 59punk

The Hometown Hero

So I scored this bike a while ago for my wife. I will be building it in the 60's B-movie space theme. Not to take away from my Rocketeer build, but this is gonna be rockets, meets late 50's diner/ice cream shop, meets "A fire in the sky"
  13. 59punk

26x1.85 or 1.90

So my bike....the Rose City Rocketeer is screaming at me for some all white tires. I can't find any to fit the frame though. I tried some 2.125 but they just barely rubbed. I trued my wheel and they didn't really rub, but I would rather be on the safer side of things and get something a bit...
  14. 59punk

rat rod bikes on netflix

so I recently got the Wii disc to watch netflix instantly on my wii and wanted to see if there are any awesome movies or documentaries out there about all things RRB. Anybody got any good movies. I pretty much have the BMX scene on lockdown. :lol:
  15. 59punk

Cosmic Liner

Originally got this to use parts, but I'm liking how this thing is coming together with part just laying around. I haven't seen too many cosmic liners around. Anybody know more on these. Are they rare?
  16. 59punk

Pre-war Western Flyer girls?and 60's era Western Flyer Boys?

Some guy on craigslist just picked these up from the original owner out of his barn and just wanted them gone. He haad no idea what they were and really didn't care.............I score both for 30 bones. :D I am gonna start research on them but I know the boys is a Western Flyer and believe the...
  17. 59punk

The Rose City Rocketeer

So I still have to finish my patina rat rod Stingray stik-shift which is almost done, but I have already started on my newest project I'm gonna call the Rose City Rocketeer. I've always been a huge fan of the movie the Rocketeer and thought it would make a sick themed bike. Here is my first idea...
  18. 59punk

3rd annual Rose City Roundup

So my hotrod club, The Driven Dead, put on an annual show here in Portland, Oregon. Check out the website ( http://www.rosecityroundup.net ), and if you can bring your tanks, balloons, antique, boardtracks, etc and have a good time. Hope to see ya out!
  19. 59punk

National Bicycle History Archive of America

I just wanted to vent about my recent catasrophe with http://www.nbhaa.com which I thought was a good site. I saw that if I needed help with bicycle identification to email them for help. Evidently that was a mistake and a huge problem for whomever runs this site. Granted I don't know everything...
  20. 59punk

Gotta love Craigslist!!!

I just scored these completely free and I have an idea of what they are but any help is much appreciated!!! Here is the score and here is what I believe to be a Hawthorne, but I have some close up pics for any help. Here is inside the head tube and the seat tube If you know what the girls...
Back