Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. RPJ

Larry

spent some time installing cables for the brake and gears, and put them in the frame as it looked better. Had to change the frame for the derailer gears so the chain missed the frame. got a bit fancy with this here you can see I stretched the bars with another set of the same bars, which...
  2. RPJ

little kids bikes that look good

I'm thinking of building a bike for my Grandson, a stretch cruiser, chopper, old motorbike look, or something unnaff. He was 2 the other day so I've prolly got 6-8 months till he's riding better than me. He's very good with the balanced bike now. I've included pics of adult bikes, but don't have...
  3. RPJ

Larry

so...Monark forks, made for disc brakes, forks 90mm disc brake wheels 100mm, forks don't bend, so spent $$ and got made stuff to fix that and rake problems, but couldn't live with the results. will go back a step or two. I needed to modify this frame a lot to fit disc brake wheels, so I will...
  4. RPJ

while waiting for parts

spend $5, blah blah, have swing bikes.
  5. RPJ

hash

getting closer to finished, waiting for new cables and stuff. Have sat on and tried it out. Probably will need to change things, as the wheel hits the pedals, maybe heat the forks and bend them a bit, and the color's a bit naff
  6. RPJ

hash

got this far, don't know if I'm happy with it, I like the forks to be more laid out
  7. RPJ

Lamborghini Rapido

how many hoe's can you fit in your lambo? Santa 's got three
  8. RPJ

hash

Finally filled this gap, now a bit of grinding, painting, then fitting stuff to make it go
  9. RPJ

hash

welding at last I have. Yes, there's a bit of a gap at the bottom, but more next time. It's Father's day here in New Zealand and my children are here and so this must stop.
  10. RPJ

hash

the shed is finally warm, so did some stuff, and yes I forgot how went cause it's been so long then I check this post
  11. RPJ

Larry

bit of progress, a new seat from Brooks ( God save the Queen), and replica Monark forks ( God bless America). We will need to modify things a bit, yes the frame is too close to the ground. I have been using the seat on my other bike for a couple of days and it's not comfortable. Both the forks...
  12. RPJ

hash

The first weld and I ran out of gas, got more gas today
  13. RPJ

hash

started another build made from leftovers from other projects
  14. RPJ

can I modify Monark Double Spring Fork?

kinda but without moving the springs etc forward, just make longer pivot arms and maybe stronger springs
  15. RPJ

can I modify Monark Double Spring Fork?

I want to move the wheel further forward for better trail on my application. Can't find anything about this
  16. RPJ

help needed

a friend asked me where does he get old bike parts, he's got an old Triumph, "28 wheels I think, pedal brake, he needs a new rear hub as his brakes are worn out and he can't get parts this old, bikes probably 60 or so years old, he said something about the brakes having porcelain on them and...
  17. RPJ

Larry

What? bored during the holidays...build something. Ok so it's taken me a year to get the frame almost done and I finished the forks and the bit that attach the rear wheel
  18. RPJ

Has anyone here ridden a mini velo?

does this count?
  19. RPJ

King Phillip

30lb is good, mine is 54.5lb
  20. RPJ

no name so far

I made the bars 100mm longer (welding in new bits) and covered it leather bar tape, I got the idea from someone, don't know who.
Back