Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. '48 Hawthorne

BFGoodrich Challenger (Chrome Spaceliner)

SOLD! :bigsmile:
  2. '48 Hawthorne

Looks like the ball is rolling on this :)
  3. '48 Hawthorne

Any shipping north of the border?
  4. '48 Hawthorne

1959 Raleigh Robin Hood Sports

After visiting the Toronto Zoo for our first anniversary, we made a stop over at my wife's grandparents' house. I never knew my wife's granddad but I got his old bike. It has been sitting in a basement for decades. It's a 1959 3-speed Raleigh Robin Hood Sports. I'll get more pics, this thing is...
  5. '48 Hawthorne

CCM LADIES 28" and Spaceliner

Sears up here equals chickity-china junk! :lol:
  6. '48 Hawthorne

CCM LADIES 28" and Spaceliner

"open to a local trade though of the CCMS for oh, I don't know, maybe a Monark Springer, an old Schwinn frame or maybe a skiptooth wheel set? " :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
  7. '48 Hawthorne

Prewar Snyder Hawthorne f/f tank

Picked up this prewar Snyder built Hawthorne frame, truss fork and Columbia tank from forum member zedsn. It's about a '39-40 I think. Nice and straight with the perfect amount of age spots, lol. I think this may be a Build Off canvas. For now, I am just going to clean up the paint and hide it...
  8. '48 Hawthorne

cool skiptooth cruiser...know anything about it?

Here's my '40 Hawthorne I pillaged for parts. It gives an idea as to what you can add to that beauty! Horn tanks are pretty easy to come by for these bikes as well. RRB member npence had a couple.
  9. '48 Hawthorne

cool skiptooth cruiser...know anything about it?

Going by the sprocket it looks like a Western Flyer. I like the built in dropstand tabs on the dropouts.
  10. '48 Hawthorne

One from my Wedding!

Hilarious stuff. Just to clarify, the dude on the scooter was one of my groomsmen, lol.
  11. '48 Hawthorne

One from my Wedding!

This was before the ceremony, with a 'roadie' in hand. The scooter is an early 90s Kent. I rode in on the bike and my wife rode on the scooter when we were announced in after pics. We entered to 'Thunderstruck' through the back sliding door of the barn while everyone was looking at the front of...
  12. '48 Hawthorne

Dusty Deluxe (1950 Hawthorne)

I dedicate this pic to my father-in-law who suddenly passed last week. Not even two weeks after our wedding :cry:
  13. '48 Hawthorne

One from my Wedding!

Here is a pic of me on my trusty '48 Hawthorne from my wedding.
  14. '48 Hawthorne

This is one of my favourite bikes in the stable to ride. Despite its rough exterior, it has lots of life in it and rides like butter. The horn tank never had batteries put in it and the whole tank was super clean on the inside. It also rocks the loudest horn tank as well!
  15. '48 Hawthorne

Thanks, I took the pics at an old quarry that they turned into a park. There are some sweet trails and the boardwalk goes over a swamp, where the pic was taken.
  16. '48 Hawthorne

Here's the one I am going to enter. All original faded paint. I added the '30s Shelby sprocket, crusty Delta headlight and a license plate off an old shopping cart under the seat. Cheers, Jordan
  17. '48 Hawthorne

Two of Our Engagement Photos

Thanks guys, I will get some other ones up when they come in. The photographer was super stoked that we were going to use old bikes. She took a bunch of shots of just the bikes as well and might be interested in using some of my other bikes for photo-shoots. :D
  18. '48 Hawthorne

'53 Schwinn Meteor

That seat was just awful, the springs were your typical Chinese guuuuuurbage! Yeah my folks live in a small town where people still use phone booths, and most people are on dial-up! :shock:
  19. '48 Hawthorne

LETS SEE HAWTHORNE BICYCLES !!!!!!!!

1940 CWC built I just picked up, ahh parts! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  20. '48 Hawthorne

1940ish CWC Hawthorne, with skirt guards!

I don't normally buy girls bikes, but this old CWC one has been looking at me for a few months now. It was sitting outside a vintage lighting store in Toronto for some time. The guy wanted way too much so I left it there, 3 months later I offered him $150 and he bit. I know there is more then...
Back